What is your rigs name

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

max.grun

Rank V

Advocate III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSE
Haven't really named my new Jeep yet. Been leaning towards MacReady after the lead character of one of my favorite movies, The Thing.

In the past I have named previous vehicles Old Blu (small blue truck), Big Red (big red Suburban), Sally (old pick up), Flynn (subaru), and finally Madmartigan (another subaru).

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Michael G.

Rank IV

Advocate II

New Orleans, Louisiana
Member #

Ham Callsign
W5AZA
Hi Everyone, I dont think i have posted here yet but I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU Golden Eagle Edition so name was kinda chosen for me... I have removed the exterior decals ( Long Story) But still call it Golden Eagle or just Eagle.

4wheelspulling

NorthWest Region Member Represetative
Staff member

Pathfinder I

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Started calling my Jeep JK, Kingcon. For it being a Rubicon in Mango Orange. But that name did not stick. I seem to call it, Jkon (Jaycon) the most. Vance.

CR-Venturer

Rank V

Traveler I

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Member #

My 1999 Honda CR-V is named Ganbaru.

Ganbaru - A japanese word which literally means "stand firm." It means a kind of dogged perseverance against impossible odds, unwavering determination in the face of extreme difficulty.
IMG_20190121_134129389.jpg
I chose this name because the CR-V, being a Honda, is obviously a Japanese car, but more than this, the CR-V was originally intended only for JDM, but an outcry from US dealers convinced Honda to sell it in NA, so its design is extremely JDM influenced. Also, it was never designed with the intention of being a full-on off roader, but rather was envisioned as a "lifestyle car" that had some off road capability, but was intended as a versatile and practical daily driver. Despite this fact, the vehicle is amazingly capable off road, far more than one would expect it should be given its 4wd system and design concept.