max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
Haven't really named my new Jeep yet. Been leaning towards MacReady after the lead character of one of my favorite movies, The Thing.

In the past I have named previous vehicles Old Blu (small blue truck), Big Red (big red Suburban), Sally (old pick up), Flynn (subaru), and finally Madmartigan (another subaru).

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Michael G.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

New Orleans, Louisiana
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Gauthreaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5AZA
Hi Everyone, I dont think i have posted here yet but I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU Golden Eagle Edition so name was kinda chosen for me... I have removed the exterior decals ( Long Story) But still call it Golden Eagle or just Eagle.

ckkphoto

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rome, Georgia US
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Knitig
Member #

Was calling it Mimi but i am looking for a new name. Nothing jumps out.

So far it has been called Clifford, Mimi, Big Red, and the bus. View attachment 90456View attachment 90457
Polled some friends....had a list of names....we came up with ...

Fordification
Fordtress
Gladiator

And settled on. ..

Fordasaurus. Gonna stick with that i think.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

My 1999 Honda CR-V is named Ganbaru.

Ganbaru - A japanese word which literally means "stand firm." It means a kind of dogged perseverance against impossible odds, unwavering determination in the face of extreme difficulty.
IMG_20190121_134129389.jpg
I chose this name because the CR-V, being a Honda, is obviously a Japanese car, but more than this, the CR-V was originally intended only for JDM, but an outcry from US dealers convinced Honda to sell it in NA, so its design is extremely JDM influenced. Also, it was never designed with the intention of being a full-on off roader, but rather was envisioned as a "lifestyle car" that had some off road capability, but was intended as a versatile and practical daily driver. Despite this fact, the vehicle is amazingly capable off road, far more than one would expect it should be given its 4wd system and design concept.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I call my Dodge 2500 Sandy (as Olivia Newton John in greese) but recently thinking of changing it to Bam Bam. The sound i hear going down the road with this heavy duty lift.

AJK2015

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

New Hampshire
First Name
Chris
Member #

I've never named a vehicle before, but my 2 year old daughter calls it "Romeo's Lab". For other parents out there, yes we watch a lot of PJ Masks.

Reactions: ODOverland