What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Scored a pair of these yesterday. Often hard to find in the US; especially new and made of stainless.

I know exactly what I will do with them and am excited at the challenge.

Ten points to anyone here who knows what they are and have personal experience installing them.

0-SS-1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Scored a pair of these yesterday. Often hard to find in the US; especially new and made of stainless.

Ten points to anyone here who knows what they are and have personal experience installing them.

View attachment 192543
You're gonna use them to mount a solar panel?

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ

View attachment 192543
That’s what I was thinking

Reactions: Road and RoarinRow

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ

View attachment 192543
I did that myself after all lol.

Attachments

Reactions: Road

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Nope, though that might be a good application! They might be a bit overkill for most adventure-sized panels. They should be here tomorrow and I'll snap an image with a rule to show size. I felt pretty lucky to find a new pair, and of stainless, to boot. They came from the UK to California, and I snapped up the last pair he had. You usually find them used and rather bent or mangled, or used on eBay with round arms all rusty and pitted.

Raising brackets for a Westy pop-top?
Yep! I've been looking for a good pair for a long time and stumbled upon this pair, not even listed publicly with his other items.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with them for angles and pitch, then may use them for a pop top I'm planning.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Nope, though that might be a good application! They might be a bit overkill for most adventure-sized panels. They should be here tomorrow and I'll snap an image with a rule to show size. I felt pretty lucky to find a new pair, and of stainless, to boot. They came from the UK to California, and I snapped up the last pair he had. You usually find them used and rather bent or mangled, or used on eBay with round arms all rusty and pitted.

Yep! I've been looking for a good pair for a long time and stumbled upon this pair, not even listed publicly with his other items.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with them for angles and pitch, then may use them for a pop top I'm planning.
Very cool! Looking forward to seeing that.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
Just bought a Cargo Net for the rear ceiling of the cab. Not due in for a month or two (small shop and demand is high).
1619008891473.png

Also just got a visor organizer with Molle.
1619008980664.png

Plan on getting more organization stuff in the future. I'm tired of my cluttered truck on trips :grin:

Reactions: roots66 and Road

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Just bought a Cargo Net for the rear ceiling of the cab. Not due in for a month or two (small shop and demand is high).
View attachment 195707

View attachment 195708

Plan on getting more organization stuff in the future. I'm tired of my cluttered truck on trips :grin:
Does that roof cargo net have a bit of stretch to it? I'm thinking about sewing some up for similar use, both inside and out.

edit: I finally found their Materials and Color info page

Reactions: SJ.Overland

SJ.Overland

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8TDZ
View attachment 195707

View attachment 195708

Does that roof cargo net have a bit of stretch to it? I'm thinking about sewing some up for similar use, both inside and out.

edit: I finally found their Materials and Color info page
Glad you found it. Yeah I’m not into that area of customization yet so I’m not sure. And unfortunately they said it could be as long as 12 weeks before I get this. So I have no idea.

Reactions: Road

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Glad you found it. Yeah I’m not into that area of customization yet so I’m not sure. And unfortunately they said it could be as long as 12 weeks before I get this. So I have no idea.
Yeah, looks like 5% max stretch or less on most products. They sure seem to have figured out the net and barrier biz.

Businesses all around the world, especially in the outdoor world now that spring is here, are experiencing back logs. Partly from demand, though in large part too because of delays in raw materials being shipped to manufacturers. Can't get the material, you can't make the product. Then on top of that, traditional shippers like USPS, UPS, and FedEx are all overwhelmed. I've had outgoing order that took a month to get where they're going.

I'll be interested to see how you like yours when you get it.

Reactions: SJ.Overland

Road

Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

I see I never updated the Westy Hinges image with size, so took a pic on my cutting mat:

0-westyhingelifts_5727-900.jpg
As you can see from the scale at the bottom, they are 19" long. Stainless steel and very stout.

Very cleverly designed and without springs of any kind, they automatically raise the shallow end when the higher end is raised, eliminating the need--and potential problems, especially on curved roofs--of hinging one end of your pop top. It also allows for greater interior height at the shallow end, often making the difference in comfortable sleeping or not, and of a shorter bed board length.

These may very well be for sale this summer, though, as I go back and forth in design between wedge style and full straight-up.

Reactions: FishinCrzy