What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
I just pulled the trigger on a Gobi Ranger Rack. I looked at everything trying to save a dollar and a dollar there. In the I realized that rack is 100% what I wanted from the beginning. Pay once, Cry once. 12 week wait though.
As of right now that's my top pick. I been going through a ton of racks checking them out and reading about them and then searching to see if anyone has any experience with them and so far what I've noticed is the cheaper racks all seem to be ridden with rust issues or they are weak. Id rather do exactly what you said, Pay once Cry Once and have peace of mind that it's going to last the test of time and also the rigors we intend to put it through traveling. post some pics when you finally get her on.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Overland True North

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Girard, OH, USA
First Name
Don
Last Name
Cur
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1DON
As of right now that's my top pick. I been going through a ton of racks checking them out and reading about them and then searching to see if anyone has any experience with them and so far what I've noticed is the cheaper racks all seem to be ridden with rust issues or they are weak. Id rather do exactly what you said, Pay once Cry Once and have peace of mind that it's going to last the test of time and also the rigors we intend to put it through traveling. post some pics when you finally get her on.
Will do!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
2 more Plano boxes and a shelving unit to put them on. View attachment 137971
Question, there are three indentations on the lid, are there three protrusions on the bottoms that fit into the lid indentations to keep them from sliding when they are stacked ?

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Question, there are three indentations on the lid, are there three protrusions on the bottoms that fit into the lid indentations to keep them from sliding when they are stacked ?
Absolutely. It works very well, too. My local Home Depot has started selling them. IMAG1086.jpeg

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Say it is not true.......View attachment 134364There was some awesome deals last October and November, on the X-Bull clones on E-bay. I just wished the mounting systems for them had also been put on sale. At one point you could almost buy 2 sets of boards, for the cost of 1 mounting pin setup (need 2), for 1 set of boards. If you wanted the TRED professional version. The older standard TRED version, was not much cheaper.

I got the Orcish version that came with bags and tethers. I want to make/buy a mounting platform, for at least 1 set, while keeping the other set, in their bag to use if neccessary. :hearteyes:
I bought a set and sent it to a friend in upper NY state. He's always getting his bid(heavy) commercial mower stuck in his road-side ditch. I told him to try them out and report back to me.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Bought this as a back up for our trip to north Georgia and ended up having to use it full time since I forgot the propane hose for my slide out stove on the camper. Its pretty impressive and I cooked about 8-10 meals off of a one pound cylinder.

View attachment 138649View attachment 138650
I've got the same and am happy with the size of unit and BTU output.

Reactions: grubworm

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Absolutely. It works very well, too. My local Home Depot has started selling them. View attachment 138228
They look very strong, can they be sealed with a rope seal. I know some can and some cant be sealed while others come with a good seal. For the price they are looking good to me.
Bought this as a back up for our trip to north Georgia and ended up having to use it full time since I forgot the propane hose for my slide out stove on the camper. Its pretty impressive and I cooked about 8-10 meals off of a one pound cylinder.

Mmmmmmmmmm I'll have another please !

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

I'm such a bad cook I need two burners but if I was better I'd have to consider your one burner, it looks to be quality compare to some I've seen.