What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Standing wave ratio. It’s a metric to determine the tune of the antenna. The higher the ratio, the more transmitted power is reflected back from the antenna to the transmitter. reflected power can cause overheating in the finals, and permanent damage if it’s allowed long term, or the ratio becomes very high.
"OH" perfectly clear, daaaaaa

Reactions: Sparksalot

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The place fell through which is a bummer. But, I'm still gonna get a small Mig so I can at least start doing some smaller stuff with it.
Just a warning about buying a house. Some towns and or subdivisions have covenants that disallow you from working on your car, truck or anything in your driveway, garage, street, or side of house. This is not just a few, it's a trend nationwide established by all the fuddy duddy's who think your turning your property into a junk yard. Worse yet are the city councils that are applying the new laws to older neighborhoods which happened to me in my last city owned house. So just check it out before you sign on the dotted line.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Just a warning about buying a house. Some towns and or subdivisions have covenants that disallow you from working on your car, truck or anything in your driveway, garage, street, or side of house. This is not just a few, it's a trend nationwide established by all the fuddy duddy's who think your turning your property into a junk yard. Worse yet are the city councils that are applying the new laws to older neighborhoods which happened to me in my last city owned house. So just check it out before you sign on the dotted line.
Yep. I'm in the Bay Area so it happens all the time here. In my current place the management doesn't really care, I've taken a lot of my car apart in my carport and no one has really complained. In general if that stuff comes up i tend to take the "Well screw em" approach, LOL. Also helps that I keep my work area clean and never have stuff torn apart for weeks on end with fluids and stuff everywhere.

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
) m
You know its funny you say that. About a few weeks ago I get a letter in the mail from our HOA (Home Owners Association) and it was a notice along with a picture attached of my jeep sitting inside my garage but I had the hood open. Irony is the letter sates there is no mechanic work allowed in the community or on the property even if its inside your garage and failure to cease these said mechanical work they will report us to the county and also fine us at the HOA level. The funny thing is they have their people driving around taking pictures without knowing anything of what's actually going on. Both my wife and I laughed because that day I was only checking some fuses under the hood, the garage is so immaculate I can literally eat dinner of the floor. We have a shop off site for doing all of our work on the rig equipped with everything we need so other than adding bug wash to the reservoir and checking or topping fluids off there's never anything being worked on in the house garage. We sent an email to the HOA with pictures of both the house and even of our shop off site and their response was still the same no mechanics in the neighborhood which makes no sense because if opening the hood on my car makes me a home shop mechanic then I guess they need to fine everyone in the neighborhood cause I can't fathom one person who hasn't opened their hood in their own home much more in my own Garage for that matter. But yes you are very true these HOA's now feel they are entitled to bossing you around all so you can pay dues that the president pockets and spends on his mistress instead of the subdivision. We are exploring options for a bigger house with actual land that we don't have anyone telling us how to live and manage ourselves without asking permission on how to put your garbage can outside. Be very aware of all these tidbits of info prior to buying any property for that matter since adding washer fluid to mama's car can yield you a fine for being now a home mechanic

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
) m
You know its funny you say that. About a few weeks ago I get a letter in the mail from our HOA (Home Owners Association) and it was a notice along with a picture attached of my jeep sitting inside my garage but I had the hood open. Irony is the letter sates there is no mechanic work allowed in the community or on the property even if its inside your garage and failure to cease these said mechanical work they will report us to the county and also fine us at the HOA level. The funny thing is they have their people driving around taking pictures without knowing anything of what's actually going on. Both my wife and I laughed because that day I was only checking some fuses under the hood, the garage is so immaculate I can literally eat dinner of the floor. We have a shop off site for doing all of our work on the rig equipped with everything we need so other than adding bug wash to the reservoir and checking or topping fluids off there's never anything being worked on in the house garage. We sent an email to the HOA with pictures of both the house and even of our shop off site and their response was still the same no mechanics in the neighborhood which makes no sense because if opening the hood on my car makes me a home shop mechanic then I guess they need to fine everyone in the neighborhood cause I can't fathom one person who hasn't opened their hood in their own home much more in my own Garage for that matter. But yes you are very true these HOA's now feel they are entitled to bossing you around all so you can pay dues that the president pockets and spends on his mistress instead of the subdivision. We are exploring options for a bigger house with actual land that we don't have anyone telling us how to live and manage ourselves without asking permission on how to put your garbage can outside. Be very aware of all these tidbits of info prior to buying any property for that matter since adding washer fluid to mama's car can yield you a fine for being now a home mechanic
I will not live in a neighborhood that has a HOA. I live where there is reasonable restrictions. All my life I have worked on my own auto's, in the street at times, on my driveway and certainly in my garage which is what a garage is for. Our freedom is being taken away from us by the use of rules and regulations that are unconstitutional yet allowed to stand.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
They look very strong, can they be sealed with a rope seal. I know some can and some cant be sealed while others come with a good seal. For the price they are looking good to me.
They are decently strong and you could safely stack 2-3 full ones on top of each other. I wouldn't jump on the lid of an empty one, though. These do not come with a seal. You could work one in, but the lip around the lid does not have a continuous channel. So it would take a bit of work. That said. I used 4 in the bed of the truck from for a week from Texas to Colorado and back. Had some pretty hard rains along the way and everything stayed dry just the way they came.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
They are decently strong and you could safely stack 2-3 full ones on top of each other. I wouldn't jump on the lid of an empty one, though. These do not come with a seal. You could work one in, but the lip around the lid does not have a continuous channel. So it would take a bit of work. That said. I used 4 in the bed of the truck from for a week from Texas to Colorado and back. Had some pretty hard rains along the way and everything stayed dry just the way they came.
I use a Plano 1819 as a tongue box on my teardrop. I've never had any water infiltration either.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I use a Plano 1819 as a tongue box on my teardrop. I've never had any water infiltration either.
Good idea, I've been looking for a tongue box and your idea is perfect. You could even line the bottom with some plywood for added strength to the platform.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Bought these two items today, I have an old 20 lb propane tank I can tell has propane in it so bought the gauge to see how much and then the adapter to fill my 1 lb propane tanks for my lanterns and stoves. Next up I plan to get an MPPT charge controller once I sell my boat!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Bought these two items today, I have an old 20 lb propane tank I can tell has propane in it so bought the gauge to see how much and then the adapter to fill my 1 lb propane tanks for my lanterns and stoves. Next up I plan to get an MPPT charge controller once I sell my boat!

We seem to have the same buying list. I have the same things in my amazon cart waiting for me to ck out. Trying to figure out where I will spend the rest of my $300 monthly allowance.
Still have a few large items to buy so I go back and forth with big things for two or three months and little things on third or fourth month. It's awful being limited on purchasing power but I'm getting there one of these
days ! LOL

Reactions: Viking1204

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
We seem to have the same buying list. I have the same things in my amazon cart waiting for me to ck out. Trying to figure out where I will spend the rest of my $300 monthly allowance.
Still have a few large items to buy so I go back and forth with big things for two or three months and little things on third or fourth month. It's awful being limited on purchasing power but I'm getting there one of these
days ! LOL
LOL, I'm the same way with my plan to be debtless by retirement time in 12+ years. No more credit card purchases, only buy with cash I have so have to take advantage if I sell the boat.
I'm meeting someone at 3 pm today that will hopefully buy it, will most likely get my 11 gallon propane tank and MPPT charge controller I have on Amazon wish lists, the rest will go towards bills and the stock market!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
LOL, I'm the same way with my plan to be debtless by retirement time in 12+ years. No more credit card purchases, only buy with cash I have so have to take advantage if I sell the boat.
I'm meeting someone at 3 pm today that will hopefully buy it, will most likely get my 11 gallon propane tank and MPPT charge controller I have on Amazon wish lists, the rest will go towards bills and the stock market!
Unfortunately with the way our financial system works you must keep using your credit cards or else your credit scores go down. I never owned a credit card until after I was 62 years old and retired. When I didn't have a good size income any more I realized I needed something as a back up for ready cash. I thought I had excellent credit until I applied for a card. The only card I could get was for $500

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign