What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hmmm my shopping list keeps growing... a new car for the wife, a new Ham radio, a transmission for my RC truck, hardware for finishing my Bronco DIY Roof Rack, soldering station, the list goes on...
Do you have any morphine for your wallet ?
:mask::mask:

• Haha
Reactions: Sparksalot

Buckaroo

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
rubber wheel arch flares, no paint left on the edges of my wheel arches yet again.
I've recently bought a 1997 vw passat 1.9L TDI as a donor car. Engine is AFN code, which is the strongest TDI engine VW ever made according to popular opinion in the VW T3 circles.
Gonna install that in my van this Easter in the upright position as in the donor car.
Common convention is to install diesels at 55 degrees from vertical, normal for VW T3.
Upright install makes the turbo less vunerable to rock, logs and ditches on rough roads or tracks.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
rubber wheel arch flares, no paint left on the edges of my wheel arches yet again.
I've recently bought a 1997 vw passat 1.9L TDI as a donor car. Engine is AFN code, which is the strongest TDI engine VW ever made according to popular opinion in the VW T3 circles.
Gonna install that in my van this Easter in the upright position as in the donor car.
Common convention is to install diesels at 55 degrees from vertical, normal for VW T3.
Upright install makes the turbo less vunerable to rock, logs and ditches on rough roads or tracks.
Will this new engine give you any more horsepower. What's wrong with the engine you have already.
Will you have to make mod's for it to fit or is it a slip in and go ? Good luck, I hope it's worth all the work.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I need to go get a couple CB antennas, coax cable, and an SWR Meter so I can start setting up my coms in my Bronco.
I'm going to have to forgo coms for a while. Just have to make my phone and hand held cb do. Don't know enough about all these new fandangled high tech coms to buy anything. I HATE ELECTRONICS, bad enough I need to put together my solar junk. Need to get down to El Paso Tx. and get with @007. He has it all down pat on his rig.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'm going to have to forgo coms for a while. Just have to make my phone and hand held cb do. Don't know enough about all these new fandangled high tech coms to buy anything. I HATE ELECTRONICS, bad enough I need to put together my solar junk. Need to get down to El Paso Tx. and get with @007. He has it all down pat on his rig.
Luckily CB tech hasn’t changed too much.
My truck stop didn’t have an SWR meterimage.jpgimage.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
SWR = short wave radio meter ?
Standing wave ratio. It’s a metric to determine the tune of the antenna. The higher the ratio, the more transmitted power is reflected back from the antenna to the transmitter. reflected power can cause overheating in the finals, and permanent damage if it’s allowed long term, or the ratio becomes very high.

Trad77

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lander, WY, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hoard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0MUD
So, we all probably have a huge list of upgrades and things we want to buy..
So what is the last thing you bought, and what is next on the list?

Last things I bought that where on the list are a pack of zip ties and some good working gloves :P

Next thing, besides actually getting a Landcruiser is going to be some locking nuts for the spare tire and a spare lamp kit ;)

I bought some Dick Cepeck Trail Country EXP's tires a few weeks ago. 215x70x17 (35x12.5) So far, so good. Next thing I am buying are MetalCloak drag link, tie rod and sway bars. Then after those I will start looking for some bumbers, rock sliders and a winch. Building up my 2012 JKU Wrangler.