What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
ah man. sorry. I'm not far behind ya. good thing I have a garage when I can 'hide' small gear (Amazon boxes).
I kind of get sucked into the rock crawling vortex because that's what all of my friends do, and because I work at an offroad shop and see all the parts coming in every day it doesn't help. What does help is that I know a lot of people who can help me put stuff together. A buddy of mine ( used to be my boss) just opened his own shop and I may be his first customer lol

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
My 1/2 barrier net and cargo basket net arrived the other day. I swapped out the full barrier for the 1/2 barrier and a buddy had already bought the full barrier from me three hours later. He also grabbed a spare Coleman stove I had kicking around. So that's some extra coin back into the X fund.

Almost have the money saved to start shopping for the M226 with a locker from a P4X Xterra. The lower gearing will be nice for every day use as well as off-road and the locker will be a game changer. This thing goes really good as it sits but the locker will be a new level for it.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I thought about having mine made locally but LRD2's have a weird way of connecting to the frame and I don't think my welder is sharp enough to figure it out. I hate shelling out $400+ but at least I'll know the one I'll buy will be built correctly. Good luck with yours, from what I've seen they are fairly easy to make for most rigs.

Was that for one or two diffs ? I'll bet it was only one. Looks like it may be spam and beans for a few weeks !
ya they will be simple to make , not doing anything fancy just 2x6 with some outriggers and paint it black , the fiancé said I should also get started on making a front bumper because after our last trip she realized the factory bumper acts to much like a snow plow lol.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Ha Ha ya she knows.... not happy about it... but she knows... ( its getting hard to hide the big pile of parts I have sitting around ( new front bumper, steering box, antirock sway bar, new injectors, all these suspension parts including a rear truss, transmission crossmember and skid plate ...)
I hope you have it all under lock, that would be quite a haul for a thief..

Reactions: Trail_pilot

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I kind of get sucked into the rock crawling vortex because that's what all of my friends do, and because I work at an offroad shop and see all the parts coming in every day it doesn't help. What does help is that I know a lot of people who can help me put stuff together. A buddy of mine ( used to be my boss) just opened his own shop and I may be his first customer lol
Oh no wonder lol! Good friend you are!

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Oh no wonder lol! Good friend you are!
I will have to make sure to take some pictures through the tear down and build if I can ( if my buddy doesn't finish it while I'm at work lol) I told him to put his shops name on my door right above where the logo for the place I work for now is, and I told TMR I would run their logo on the rear quarters because those guys have helped me out quite a bit in the past as well as with this stuff, also Trailhead custom fab on my hood because he custom built all my body armor . I have no problem supporting the people who support me. It may not be a "sponsored" Jeep as most people see the word but to get help from companies like these guys is key and they are all local to me and great guys to deal with on a personal basis as well as business.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Your forgiven, no gear head can resist buying what he sells to others. I hope you get a good discount by being in the loop !

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Your forgiven, no gear head can resist buying what he sells to others. I hope you get a good discount by being in the loop !
I totally agree. I worked at a part store in my early days, and I didn’t make a dime, it all went into my rigs... and I had several nice ones back then.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I totally agree. I worked at a part store in my early days, and I didn’t make a dime, it all went into my rigs... and I had several nice ones back then.
I did the same thing when I worked in a grocery store. It went in my belly though. :-)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The owner here is smart and he seems to only hire guys that have built jeeps. I think we all owe more than we make LOL.
Ever hear the song "anything you can do, I can do better " ? It reminds me of most overlanders !

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Waiting anxiously for my rigd ultraswing spare tire carrier. Next on the list is a front bumper and winch.
I love my ultra swing. 2 issues to consider. I mounted my licence plate and the tire 33" partially covers it. So consider how high you mount it. I didn't mount it all the way up. Second the holes for the pin and teather fill with water. The pin started to rust so I lubricated it and the hole. A month or so later the ball and the spring in the pin fell out. It worked but at some point I lost it. I ordered a couple more. RIGd UltraSwing Replacement Pin and Tether

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I love my ultra swing. 2 issues to consider. I mounted my licence plate and the tire 33" partially covers it. So consider how high you mount it. I didn't mount it all the way up. Second the holes for the pin and teather fill with water. The pin started to rust so I lubricated it and the hole. A month or so later the ball and the spring in the pin fell out. It worked but at some point I lost it. I ordered a couple more. RIGd UltraSwing Replacement Pin and Tether
For my swing out carrier I also had to relocate my aftermarket backup camera. Not sure if your rigs have one or not but another thing to consider.