What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Last thing I ordered were rock sliders from 4xinnovations, which happened to arrive last Saturday. They're pre-built except for the frame plates and outriggers.

I haven't had time to unpackage the sliders. It's so humid down here, I'm afraid they'll begin to rust because they're bare metal. Once I get them mocked-up and welded, I'll prep, prime and paint before final installation.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Very nice rig. If the spare tire lowered it 1" then your loaded weight will bring it down quite a bit more. Overload is in order me thinks. :<)
I actually noticed the 'sag' before I added the tire carrier. I did a quick Google search yesterday and found that the Pro Comp lift is known to have this slight 'sag'. Visually I didn't notice it early because my truck is mostly part on a slanted driveway. This week I parked on a level street and did some non-scientific measuring where I noticed the difference. But you're right having the extra weight in back is not helping. The sag will probably be worse when I load up for overlanding. I'm sure from what I've read from various posts that the add a leaf will help.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I bought a 2 gallon garden sprayer, and 10’ of 1/4” ID clear tubing. Built a second pump to further simplify fluid changes.

Reactions: roots66

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Ordered a Add A Leaf kit for my lift. I notice a one inch sag in the rear. Could be an issue with Pro Comp or rear is just heavier now with hitch tire carrier etc. I measured distance from top of tire to bottom of wheel well.

View attachment 121205
I've noticed sag on mine. I'm going with Firestone airbags. That way I can keep the comfortable suspension and keep lifting / leveling as I add weight.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE