What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
The last thing I bought was OB membership the next thing I buy that depends I need a new rig (see bio and post in newbies start here) but I have been purchasing universal type equipment ( tent, stove, recovery gear) so right now it’s more like what will I stumble upon

DoubleA_FL

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Florida, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
DoubleA
Member #

The last thing I bought, besides my new rig and a whole bunch of replacement parts, was a half-decent air pump for the tires.

I think the Dometic is going to be the next big purchase. I have my first "overland" trip in the new rig coming up in November, and the Dometic is the only luxury thing I would really like before then.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Not nearly as exciting as most of the rest of the stuff here, but I got a ZJ windshield washer fluid bottle to retrofit into my WJ. The WJ has the bottle down in the front bumper, and I hit the pumps and wiring when flexing offroad. The ZJ unit will fit up under the hood and accept the stock pumps, sensor, etc.

View attachment 120298

-TJ
Where did you find the ZJ bottle? I Wil be following since I need to do the same project for the same reasons!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The last thing I bought was OB membership the next thing I buy that depends I need a new rig (see bio and post in newbies start here) but I have been purchasing universal type equipment ( tent, stove, recovery gear) so right now it’s more like what will I stumble upon
Yeah, that's what I use to tell my wife when she gave me the stink eye with raised eyebrow !
Too bad about your Jeep, very glad that is all you lost. By the looks of the jeep it must have been pretty severe accident. I lost my Lincoln 5 years ago this month.
Yes, injuries and recovery for the most part. The Lincoln was totalled when I was T boned. I wouldnt be here today if it had happened in my Ford Escape.

Morehouse Expedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Explorer I

Utah, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Morehouse
Member #

Service Branch
I.S. Navy
Yeah, that's what I use to tell my wife when she gave me the stink eye with raised eyebrow !
Too bad about your Jeep, very glad that is all you lost. By the looks of the jeep it must have been pretty severe accident. I lost my Lincoln 5 years ago this month.
Yes, injuries and recovery for the most part. The Lincoln was totalled when I was T boned. I wouldnt be here today if it had happened in my Ford Escape.
Yeah if I had been in the explorer I don’t know where we would be. I was just sitting at a red light waiting for it to change next thing I know I am looking at some guy in a uniform asking if I am okay. Apparently the kid that hit me just wasn’t paying attention hit me doing 45 mph. My wife is to the point of sending my daughters with me whenever I go out so I don’t go buy more stuff and if the trip involves the hardware store I get to take cash only LOL.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Where did you find the ZJ bottle? I Wil be following since I need to do the same project for the same reasons!

It arrived this week, but I haven't had a chance to put it in yet. I might get to it tomorrow, but I'm going out to Tamarack Lake Sun-Mon so I might not. I'll update my thread when I do the swap so you'll know if it's the right one and fits.

-TJ

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Bought some ActionTrax boards a couple weeks ago and just got around to building the mounts for my rack. Installing today once the rain lets up. Bought some webbing to make my own leashes for the ActionTrax, so I'll sew those up maybe tonight. I plan on buying RAM Mounts parts for my iPad nav setup (assuming it works as desired this weekend).

IN2DEEP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clermont, Florida, USA
First Name
Felix
Last Name
0lllllll0
Member #

Which Gazelle did you buy ? My wish list isn't filled yet either. I like to pay as I go but it's hard with many item's being soooooo expensive. On top of that every time I buy something, something else goes on my list. I consider my list must have items not want items. LOL
I purchased the T3 Gazelle since it will be primarily for me and my wife. It is hard, as you definitely can go crazy buying products. I just start with the primary needs and leave the wants for a later date.

Buckaroo

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Bramley, Rotherham, South Yorkshire Forest, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
CB Handle: Buckaroo, UK FM Ch.30
Complete exhaust system just purchased from eBay... it's gonna last 4 years, just as the last one did. No doubt a rock or big log will end it's life prematurely.
..and a pair of rock sliders/impact bars from a well known ( in VW T3 circles) guy in Scotland. These things are manly, not the girly polished things.
They even have hi-lift jack anti-slip points built in.
Edit:
Almost forgot the jeep hi-lift jack mounts I bought, Gonna attach these high up on the drivers (UK) side of the van to a new rack I'm having fabricated :-)
This is almost like christmas presents to myself :-)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Ordered a Add A Leaf kit for my lift. I notice a one inch sag in the rear. Could be an issue with Pro Comp or rear is just heavier now with hitch tire carrier etc. I measured distance from top of tire to bottom of wheel well.

View attachment 121205
Very nice rig. If the spare tire lowered it 1" then your loaded weight will bring it down quite a bit more. Overload is in order me thinks. :<)

Last edited: