What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V

Enthusiast I

North Potomac, MD, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Painted the Stainless Steel Screws on Hook Road roof racks black. Plastidipped Tacoma emblems on doors.Painted screws3.jpgPlastidip1.jpgPainted screws2.jpgPainted screws1.jpg
Very cool. How easy is it to take on/ off or open hood?
Because I mounted the front as far and high as I could on the bullbars it opens fine. It pushes the antennas a bit but that's fine. I'll take a picture.

Reactions: RoarinRow

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V

Enthusiast I

North Potomac, MD, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

The last thing I bought was my 3rd (technically) 4Runner. I’ve had a 2000 4runner, a 2001 4runner - for one nightmarish weekend (thus the inclusion of the word “technically”) and now I have a new-to-me 2000 lifted, shifted, locked, and loved 4Runner. It’s a beaut!

I’m planning on buying a new tent as soon as my old one proves inadequate. That may be a while, it’s a good one.

I’m actually here as a new member of this forum because of Overland Bound’s YouTube video about using an easy-to-set-up ground tent instead of a roof-top-tent. The common sense of that was mind boggling and very comfortable to me as a newbie trying to get my head around the staggering costs of “overlanding”.
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: Shannon

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V

Enthusiast I

North Potomac, MD, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Very cool. How easy is it to take on/ off or open hood?
Oh. I used shackles at both ends of the cables. Loosen the turnbuckle, loosen the shackle screw and off it comes. Fast and easy. I have been using an Allen wrench in the hole in the shackle screw to tighten and loosen. That's my only concern. I'd like to find a clip that stays on.

The reactions I've been getting are pretty funny. Clothes line? has been the most common. Now I need a pole to raise the front attachment point so I can use it as a clothes line. LOL

Reactions: RoarinRow

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Pathfinder I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The last thing I bought was my 3rd (technically) 4Runner. I’ve had a 2000 4runner, a 2001 4runner - for one nightmarish weekend (thus the inclusion of the word “technically”) and now I have a new-to-me 2000 lifted, shifted, locked, and loved 4Runner. It’s a beaut!

I’m planning on buying a new tent as soon as my old one proves inadequate. That may be a while, it’s a good one.

I’m actually here as a new member of this forum because of Overland Bound’s YouTube video about using an easy-to-set-up ground tent instead of a roof-top-tent. The common sense of that was mind boggling and very comfortable to me as a newbie trying to get my head around the staggering costs of “overlanding”.
THE COST DOESN'T HAVE TO BE STAGGERING. That is unless you make it staggering. You can find everything you need at a thrift store, or swap meet to start..
As far as transportation, it can be anything. You may not be able to go everywhere at first.
The key is to add and improve as you go !
Stick with your budget.

Reactions: Shannon

Lanlubber

Rank VI

Pathfinder I

Mimbres, NM, USA
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Oh. I used shackles at both ends of the cables. Loosen the turnbuckle, loosen the shackle screw and off it comes. Fast and easy. I have been using an Allen wrench in the hole in the shackle screw to tighten and loosen. That's my only concern. I'd like to find a clip that stays on.

The reactions I've been getting are pretty funny. Clothes line? has been the most common. Now I need a pole to raise the front attachment point so I can use it as a clothes line. LOL
If your parked in the sun it can act as a sun shade with the addition of a light weight tarp
Stretched across for shade.