What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Ordered a Add A Leaf kit for my lift. I notice a one inch sag in the rear. Could be an issue with Pro Comp or rear is just heavier now with hitch tire carrier etc. I measured distance from top of tire to bottom of wheel well.

View attachment 121205
Very nice rig. If the spare tire lowered it 1" then your loaded weight will bring it down quite a bit more. Overload is in order me thinks. :<)

Last edited:

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Last thing I ordered were rock sliders from 4xinnovations, which happened to arrive last Saturday. They're pre-built except for the frame plates and outriggers.

I haven't had time to unpackage the sliders. It's so humid down here, I'm afraid they'll begin to rust because they're bare metal. Once I get them mocked-up and welded, I'll prep, prime and paint before final installation.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Very nice rig. If the spare tire lowered it 1" then your loaded weight will bring it down quite a bit more. Overload is in order me thinks. :<)
I actually noticed the 'sag' before I added the tire carrier. I did a quick Google search yesterday and found that the Pro Comp lift is known to have this slight 'sag'. Visually I didn't notice it early because my truck is mostly part on a slanted driveway. This week I parked on a level street and did some non-scientific measuring where I noticed the difference. But you're right having the extra weight in back is not helping. The sag will probably be worse when I load up for overlanding. I'm sure from what I've read from various posts that the add a leaf will help.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I bought a 2 gallon garden sprayer, and 10’ of 1/4” ID clear tubing. Built a second pump to further simplify fluid changes.

Reactions: roots66

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Ordered a Add A Leaf kit for my lift. I notice a one inch sag in the rear. Could be an issue with Pro Comp or rear is just heavier now with hitch tire carrier etc. I measured distance from top of tire to bottom of wheel well.

View attachment 121205
I've noticed sag on mine. I'm going with Firestone airbags. That way I can keep the comfortable suspension and keep lifting / leveling as I add weight.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE