What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

natematos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portland, OR
Member #

Be nice to see your rig and some info.
A decently recent photo from the last time I put some actual miles on it back in July. For the most part it's a pretty stock 1989 Mitsubishi Delica Chamonix. Chamonix edition gets me a dual battery setup, beefier alternator, LSD in the rear, and 'upgraded' interior. Though even the upgraded interior isn't anything to write home about.

Wheels are 1981-1986 August Feroce Big Mans on K02s. You can't fit a ton of tire on these without lifting them so I'm sitting on 29s. Have contemplated going to a 2" lift and 33s but haven't seen the need, there's never been something I've bottomed out on to the point where the extra ground clearance would have saved me.

Inside are a few radios (CB, HAM, GMRS, you can see the antennas up top) and an old Japanese steering wheel from Dome (pronounce Dough-May). Outside like I said is pretty stock. There's a Terzo rear ladder, a division of PIAA only sold in Japan, getting up to a Yakima roof rack and ARB 2500 awning. The side window vents are from a Taiwanese company and up front are 4 Hella Rallye 4000 9" lights. Two in pencil beam configuration, two in fog configuration. This is in addition to the two OEM yellow fogs that most of these came with.

AA026.jpg

Another photo from a while back when I still had the steelies on it

43767627_549173382172975_2797460043735161270_n.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
A decently recent photo from the last time I put some actual miles on it back in July. For the most part it's a pretty stock 1989 Mitsubishi Delica Chamonix. Chamonix edition gets me a dual battery setup, beefier alternator, LSD in the rear, and 'upgraded' interior. Though even the upgraded interior isn't anything to write home about.

Wheels are 1981-1986 August Feroce Big Mans on K02s. You can't fit a ton of tire on these without lifting them so I'm sitting on 29s. Have contemplated going to a 2" lift and 33s but haven't seen the need, there's never been something I've bottomed out on to the point where the extra ground clearance would have saved me.

Inside are a few radios (CB, HAM, GMRS, you can see the antennas up top) and an old Japanese steering wheel from Dome (pronounce Dough-May). Outside like I said is pretty stock. There's a Terzo rear ladder, a division of PIAA only sold in Japan, getting up to a Yakima roof rack and ARB 2500 awning. The side window vents are from a Taiwanese company and up front are 4 Hella Rallye 4000 9" lights. Two in pencil beam configuration, two in fog configuration. This is in addition to the two OEM yellow fogs that most of these came with.

View attachment 117521

View attachment 117522
Is it gas or diesel ? It certainly is a unique vehicle and a worthy OB rig. I wish my daughter in Coos Bay could see it. She just bought a big Chevy cargo van and is planning to make it camp worthy. I wish I were there to help her. What all do you have inside your rig ?

natematos

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portland, OR
Member #

Is it gas or diesel ? It certainly is a unique vehicle and a worthy OB rig. I wish my daughter in Coos Bay could see it. She just bought a big Chevy cargo van and is planning to make it camp worthy. I wish I were there to help her. What all do you have inside your rig ?
Diesel, most of them are. The gas is quieter and has a little more power, but since it seems like 95% are diesel repair and parts for the gas versions isn't as Googlable.

Inside? Just the seats. Sometimes I'll fold them down (they all go flat), or if I'm camping for more than a night or two I'll pull them all out and just toss my backpacking mattress and sleeping bag on the floor. Someday I may get around to doing a buildout.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Diesel, most of them are. The gas is quieter and has a little more power, but since it seems like 95% are diesel repair and parts for the gas versions isn't as Googlable.

Inside? Just the seats. Sometimes I'll fold them down (they all go flat), or if I'm camping for more than a night or two I'll pull them all out and just toss my backpacking mattress and sleeping bag on the floor. Someday I may get around to doing a buildout.
Well it serves you for now and that is what counts. I bet you get a lot of lookers checking you out. Thanks for info.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines

View attachment 117521

View attachment 117522
damn...that's pretty badass!

Manbeast

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Pennsylvania
Member #

Picked up a Trasharoo bag and Roto Pack gas can and mount for my newly installed Wilco Solo Hitch Tire Carrier. Also waiting for a license plate cover tomorrow.
Thanks for the inspiration, I've got a 1993 that I've been working on/ using as my daily driver but I'm always looking for ideas

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Hello all,
Bought some Husky floor mats to protect the carpet, for my 99’4Runner. Front steering box shaft brace for my 95’ XJ, The “Red Baron”. Also, the frame spacer and new grade 8 hardware to put the box back in, again for The Red Baron. Vance.
Hey Vance, glad to hear you got all the parts you neeed to fix that Jeep. Did you ever get your refund on the ref. ?
Have you had any bits on the 4Runner sale ? You said recently you were living in your travel trailer. Didnt you buy a mobil home not long ago ?
You sent out a post showing what looked like the home being set up but then I didn't see anything else about you moving in. Did you have a house that was destroyed in a fire at your place awhile back ? I'm trying to piece together some of the post from your past that gave me the impression you had a fire there or on another piece of land. This son you mention at times. Is he also the son of the lady you are about to divorce unwillingly ? I hate that a guy like you has had so much hard luck recently. Just hang in, you can do it and God is on your side.
Lanlubber Jim

Shannon

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
L.
The last thing I bought was my 3rd (technically) 4Runner. I’ve had a 2000 4runner, a 2001 4runner - for one nightmarish weekend (thus the inclusion of the word “technically”) and now I have a new-to-me 2000 lifted, shifted, locked, and loved 4Runner. It’s a beaut!

I’m planning on buying a new tent as soon as my old one proves inadequate. That may be a while, it’s a good one.

I’m actually here as a new member of this forum because of Overland Bound’s YouTube video about using an easy-to-set-up ground tent instead of a roof-top-tent. The common sense of that was mind boggling and very comfortable to me as a newbie trying to get my head around the staggering costs of “overlanding”.

DrivingTacoLoco

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Weiss
Member #

Painted the Stainless Steel Screws on Hook Road roof racks black. Plastidipped Tacoma emblems on doors.Painted screws3.jpgPlastidip1.jpgPainted screws2.jpgPainted screws1.jpg
Very cool. How easy is it to take on/ off or open hood?
Because I mounted the front as far and high as I could on the bullbars it opens fine. It pushes the antennas a bit but that's fine. I'll take a picture.

Reactions: RoarinRow