What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Thank you. Specifically made for 2nd and 3rd gen Tacoma. When I got the section behind the driver side, the passenger side was still in R&D even though it was on the site for sale. I knew I wanted to do this when I got my truck but there was nothing on the market. Those covers go into the storage areas and are lockable. And has a special waterproof coating that has texture and wipes off clean. I fully insulated the back wall then installed.
It looks like it will stand the course of time and wear. Very clean looking installation. I wish my LRD2 back seats would fold down like your 's do. I would have to completely remove them to get that amount of space. I had hoped to build a bed in the back of my LRD2 but after measuring it I found it too short for a bed and I am only 5'-10" max. So I guess I will have to go with the tent when I'm way out there in the boonies and I have only myself to satisfy. Other wise I have the Scamp but I wouldn't try to drag it to some of the places I will go. do you have a RTT or do you have a tent or other means to sleeping ?

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

It looks like it will stand the course of time and wear. Very clean looking installation. I wish my LRD2 back seats would fold down like your 's do. I would have to completely remove them to get that amount of space. I had hoped to build a bed in the back of my LRD2 but after measuring it I found it too short for a bed and I am only 5'-10" max. So I guess I will have to go with the tent when I'm way out there in the boonies and I have only myself to satisfy. Other wise I have the Scamp but I wouldn't try to drag it to some of the places I will go. do you have a RTT or do you have a tent or other means to sleeping ?
Tent with annex room. IMG952737.jpg

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Just finished installing my Goose Gear rear seat delete for my 2nd Gen Tacoma Trd. So newly released that there was a slight delay in making it and no instructions to go with it. Great product and gave me tons more cargo space. View attachment 99093View attachment 99094
Do they offer a partial delete set up? One side or the other?

Looks great by the way!!

Reactions: Chadlyb

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

Some small “cosmetic” upgrades for a better stance, a more aggressive look and better organization.

IMG_5088.JPG
Dynofit 1.5” wheel spacers

IMG_5090.JPG
AVS window shade/trim

IMG_5089.JPG
A Cosmos mini clock for when my nav tablet blocks my OEM clock

IMG_5092.JPG
A fuse box for some cord management

IMG_5091.JPG
A lock box mounted inside my storage drawer for my G43x

IMG_5087.JPG
And a trickle solar charger for when my camping days are long and the party nights are longer.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Some small “cosmetic” upgrades for a better stance, a more aggressive look and better organization.

View attachment 99114
Dynofit 1.5” wheel spacers

View attachment 99115
AVS window shade/trim

View attachment 99116
A Cosmos mini clock for when my nav tablet blocks my OEM clock

View attachment 99117
A fuse box for some cord management

View attachment 99118
A lock box mounted inside my storage drawer for my G43x

View attachment 99119
And a trickle solar charger for when my camping days are long and the party nights are longer.
I'm not up on the electronics yet but I want spacers for my wheels. How did you determine how thick they should be. I would think 1" would be significant but I guess you may have bigger tires than my 33" and probably more lift as well. I don't want my hand gun locked away anywhere, I want instant access. I realize you may be from an anti-gun state that may have laws about locking them down. In my state I can open carry , conceal in my car if I want or openly carry in my car. I wouldn't have it any other way. Solar charger is good idea if you have a bunch of electronic which I don't. Still a good idea though. Window shade good idea too but they generally don't last too long from my experience.

DK4Runner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cincinnati, OH
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Kaiser
Member #

I'm not up on the electronics yet but I want spacers for my wheels. How did you determine how thick they should be. I would think 1" would be significant but I guess you may have bigger tires than my 33" and probably more lift as well. I don't want my hand gun locked away anywhere, I want instant access. I realize you may be from an anti-gun state that may have laws about locking them down. In my state I can open carry , conceal in my car if I want or openly carry in my car. I wouldn't have it any other way. Solar charger is good idea if you have a bunch of electronic which I don't. Still a good idea though. Window shade good idea too but they generally don't last too long from my experience.
Thanks for the detailed response ;). I’m still running stock wheels (20” on my Limited) but I have a Daystar spacer lift (2”F, 1.5”R) and some larger 275/55/20 AT tires. The spacers made up for the difference and are a temporary solution until I can pony up $2k for new 17” rims and larger K02s. I think the stance is great now...
IMG_5083.JPG

As for my handgun, I don’t have a conceal carry permit yet but even though I live in Ohio, I don’t want it out and about yet due to my 4 kiddos always in tow. They’re a bit too young to understand just yet and I’d rather be safe than sorry right now.

Still working on the solar solution for electronics, lights, etc. But this was a cheap entry into the idea. We’ll see how it goes.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks for the detailed response ;). I’m still running stock wheels (20” on my Limited) but I have a Daystar spacer lift (2”F, 1.5”R) and some larger 275/55/20 AT tires. The spacers made up for the difference and are a temporary solution until I can pony up $2k for new 17” rims and larger K02s. I think the stance is great now...
View attachment 99495

As for my handgun, I don’t have a conceal carry permit yet but even though I live in Ohio, I don’t want it out and about yet due to my 4 kiddos always in tow. They’re a bit too young to understand just yet and I’d rather be safe than sorry right now.

Still working on the solar solution for electronics, lights, etc. But this was a cheap entry into the idea. We’ll see how it goes.
The rig looks good, tires don't stick out too far but enough to know it's something special. Cant wait to get my lift on and definitely have 1" spacers for my stock 16" wheels.

Attachments

Razrrila99

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Comer
Member #

Just had 4.88s installed. On order is a Turtleback Getaway Trail and probably going to order a Pedal Commander while the Memorial Day sales are going on.

Reactions: madcratebuilder

jimbofoxman

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Oshtemo Township, MI, USA
Member #

Adding on items, plus getting ready for my kids and mine 3 nighter in the Upper Peninsula in a couple weeks.

- Collapsible wash tub
- Perfect Campfire Grill
- Front Runner Camp Kitchen Utensil Set
- GSI Stainless set
- 2 Plano 108qt Trucks
- Thermacell Radius
- Miscellaneous small usb charging stuff so the 3 of us are covered and I can charge other stuff

For camping and when my niece is visiting (something to do for fun)
- Rome Pie Iron

Haven't decided on yet for the UP trip (plus usable on other trips). This months CC bill is getting pretty steep already.
- Clam easy up gazebo

Probably later this weekend........haven't pulled the trigger yet.
- Tepui Explorer Kukenam 3 (THANKS TO REI Sale)

Reactions: roots66

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Our new Kodiak Super Deluxe 10x14 tent arrived today. Going to set it up and season the canvas this weekend. View attachment 99594
I'll have to check that tent out online. Looks like something I would go for. Thanks for posting. Lanlubber

Reactions: roots66

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

Just installed a Ram Mount holder for my iPhone in the Rubi today. Finally got tired of the phone rolling all over. Time will tell if I enjoy it. :grinning:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Our new Kodiak Super Deluxe 10x14 tent arrived today. Going to set it up and season the canvas this weekend. View attachment 99594
Woeeeeeeeee, way to rich for my blood but it is a very nice tent for a family. I'll have to stick with the Gazelle G5 or something in that price range.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Woeeeeeeeee, way to rich for my blood but it is a very nice tent for a family. I'll have to stick with the Gazelle G5 or something in that price range.
Yeah, it wasn't cheap. But, still half the price of a RTT, and I don't have to carry it around all the time, as my rig is also my daily driver. Figured this should be the last tent we'll ever need.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Yeah, it wasn't cheap. But, still half the price of a RTT, and I don't have to carry it around all the time, as my rig is also my daily driver. Figured this should be the last tent we'll ever need.
I think I like the tent much better than an RTT. Your logic is good and sound. You'd need a hoist to take the RTT on and off and high ceilings too.
I'll stick with a tent and the roominess factor.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I think I like the tent much better than an RTT. Your logic is good and sound. You'd need a hoist to take the RTT on and off and high ceilings too.
I'll stick with a tent and the roominess factor.
Exactly. With the lift, my truck now doesn't even fit through the garage door. Although I can drive into the barn, I'll never store anything I want to keep nice in there.

Set up and seasoned the canvas. IMAG0747.jpegIMAG0748.jpeg