What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Whiteknuckler

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, Ca.
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6VBG
Just bought a slightly used 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 door JK - low miles and great shape - could not resist the deal (same color as my old 2004 TJ on the left - Firecracker Red)

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffG98034

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Here is my latest purchase...... forgive the photo, it's a stock photo from the website I bought it from.

If you haven' figured it out, it's a Quick Release Boss for my Momo Steering Wheel. More security for my treasured Defender 90.

8.jpg

Reactions: Gary Stevens

Texarado

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Woodland Park, CO, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Kahlich
Member #

Looks good. I just bought some JKS quicker disconnects. Going to be installing today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let me know how they do. I wanted JKS but 4 Wheel Parts did not have them and said these were just the same. I hope I am not going to be kicking myself for not going JKS and just installing them myself.

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Let me know how they do. I wanted JKS but 4 Wheel Parts did not have them and said these were just the same. I hope I am not going to be kicking myself for not going JKS and just installing them myself.
On those do the bushing rotate? Like a ball in socket joint almost. The jks ones do which I think will help the longevity of the bushing and they are greaseable.

Texarado

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Woodland Park, CO, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Kahlich
Member #

Yes this 1132 model does. I think with previous models the top joint did not unattach and the disconnect had to be lifted and attached to the frame instead of pulling it all the way off. I pulled them off this morning to go and feel the difference with the sway bar disconnected. I just drove around the neighborhood and streets not getting above 40. I then went and "flexed" on a curb. I am looking forward to popping them off when on a trail.1519497529358.jpg1519497555487.jpg

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Have to save up for 4 new tires as we need a set of winter and a set of summer tires in Norway (will be buying new winter tires later this year and getting rid of the crappy ones currently on my car).

Then save up for my (possible) trip to Normandy next year to see the celebration of the WW2 invasion and am planning on visiting Denmark later this year to get some maintenance items replaced on my car as getting it done in Norway costs a small fortune!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I just ordered a u-bolt flip kit for the Xterra. This should be the last of the parts I need to lift it. When warm weather gets here, I should be ready to spend a few weekends wrenching on it!

Adventure-Farmer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Most recent vehicle upgrade was 4.88 gears.
Most recent equipment purchase was a renogy solar panel and controller.

Next purchase is probably going to be a Gopro 6.

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I ordered and installed a 4 gallon and two 2 gallon (1 water/1 gas) Rotopax. I also ordered a set of maxtrax but have not received them yet. On Thursday or Friday I'm purchasing a set of Goodyear Duratraks for the Tacoma and a set of Hankook all terrain tires (with a new spare) for my expedition trailer.

I almost forgot. My Slee Shortbus bumper arrives tomorrow for my old landcruiser.

Reactions: Edped

Edped

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Southern California
Member #

I ordered and installed a 4 gallon and two 2 gallon (1 water/1 gas) Rotopax. I also ordered a set of maxtrax but have not received them yet. On Thursday or Friday I'm purchasing a set of Goodyear Duratraks for the Tacoma and a set of Hankook all terrain tires (with a new spare) for my expedition trailer.

I almost forgot. My Slee Shortbus bumper arrives tomorrow for my old landcruiser.
Where did you order your maxtrax? I need to get a set. You got some good stufg.

Sent from my SM-G925V using OB Talk mobile app

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
Where did you order your maxtrax? I need to get a set. You got some good stufg.

Sent from my SM-G925V using OB Talk mobile app
I shopped around but everyone seems to have them at $299. I ordered the from ok4wd.com because I keep seeing them pop up on things I watch so it seems like they really support the overlanding community. They also have free shipping and 5% off if you sign up for their email list. Mine endedup being $285 shipped.

Reactions: JersT4R

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Yes this 1132 model does. I think with previous models the top joint did not unattach and the disconnect had to be lifted and attached to the frame instead of pulling it all the way off. I pulled them off this morning to go and feel the difference with the sway bar disconnected. I just drove around the neighborhood and streets not getting above 40. I then went and "flexed" on a curb. I am looking forward to popping them off when on a trail.View attachment 48960View attachment 48961
Cool. Same design concept as jks. If you’ve never taken them off on the trails before you’ll be amazed at what it’ll do.

Reactions: Texarado