What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
ARB fridge and slide. Next is a suspension upgrade and transmission cooler for the FJ Cruiser.

CDE

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mount Pleasant, TX
Member #

Last purchase was a set of Fox 2.0 Performance Shocks to replace the Rough Country junk installed by the previous owner. This should have been one of my first purchases (night and day difference). Next purchase will either be materials for DIY Limb Risers, or another item that should have been bought a long time ago - a winch.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

Last thing I bought is a new flue pipe for the central heating boiler in the house... Next probably will be paint for the house.. A lot of things going on this year that needs to be done, pity almost nothing has to do with the rig or overlanding.

Pity you can just spend cash once :(

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Got the Front Runner Outfitters Drop Down Table. Though meant for swing-out Jeep tailgates, this will fit the left rear door on my van and will help when loading/accessing my fridge as well as serving as a prep/work table in other situations. I was really surprised at how heavy this thing is! It is also much less expensive than alternatives I've seen out there, like almost two-thirds less than some. I'm going to see if it makes sense to cut out two panels between the lines of screw holes, then make cubbies and access doors to be able to better utilize the space in the door.

FRO-folddownjeeptable.jpg

Also got two small stainless steel grills meant for backpacking and small fires, but I'll use them in a variety of situations. These things are really cool, seem really durable and strong, and should last a long time. Comes in a nice pouch and outer zip-lock bag. As a point of reference, the small one is about 5" square:

grills-stainlessbackpacker.jpg

grills-stainlessbackpacker-5005.jpg

Grills-stainless-backpacker-amzn.jpg

Lastly, I got a replacement valve for my Camp Chef Fire Ring. A lot of places I go have fire bans, but allow propane fire rings because they don't throw sparks or mar the ground.
The threaded reducer on the left in the pic below had broken off due to my own negligence.

campchef-vavle-5007.jpg

Going to buy...still planning on the Espar Airtronic D-2 to heat my van. Procrastinating 'cause it's just too cold and damp out to go crawl around under my van running and hooking up lines. I know, I know...should've bought and installed it last summer, then I would be more likely to go wintah camping right now!

Last edited:

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

I just replaced my in-dash GPS/radio. I'd like to get a pair of driving lights for the front bumper and some towers to accept my Yakima canoe rack. There is always something else on the wish list (like a synthetic winch line), so maybe the list will never end. :)

Cummins_Powered

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Figured it was time to start buying those things that people tend to put off when modding vehicles. Bought a new big brake kit with dual piston calipers for my Jeep, 35s are not easy to stop on stock brakes, anyone who says otherwise is in denial! Next mod is going to be regearing the diffs, 4.88 or 5.13 i am undecided as of now.

Reactions: Kent R and Lead K9

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Picked up a hard top for my Wrangler Unlimited 3 days ago. Just in time to get 6" of snow. It's much nicer than the soft top for these cold months!

2012 JKU Sport - 4" Zone Lift w/ 35" BFG M/T
2011 Jeep Patriot Sport
Ive had two jeeps so far and you are right. I wish i had a hard top most winters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
The last thing I bought was a pair of SPC UCAs for the Xterra. I'm gonna order a roof basket today and the parts to instal it. I'm going to add brackets to carry traction mats to the drivers side and I'm considering a PVC solar water "heater" to the passenger side. We'll just have to see how that works out.

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

index.jpg
Just bought some deflators. Sitting there for what seemed like hours letting the air out of my tires has got my knees going bad spasms in my back. Sucks getting old. lol. I plan to buy a nice CB setup since we are going on a trip next month and all of the guys going use CBs instead of 2 ways.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New water proof axillary fuse/relay box. The key thing with this is Water Proof. The old DIY one didn't like water if you know what I mean.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Figured it was time to start buying those things that people tend to put off when modding vehicles. Bought a new big brake kit with dual piston calipers for my Jeep, 35s are not easy to stop on stock brakes, anyone who says otherwise is in denial! Next mod is going to be regearing the diffs, 4.88 or 5.13 i am undecided as of now.
Nice! someday the big brakes will get high enough on my to do list.

Cummins_Powered

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nice! someday the big brakes will get high enough on my to do list.
When my girlfriend drove for an extended period of time at highway speed on a recent trip (on highway 20 in CA from willits to fort bragg) she basically told me i needed to do something about the terrible brakes. I certainly will not complain about her suggesting we spend money on the Jeep! I went with the Crown BBK, very similar to the Teraflex but at a much lower price.

Reactions: Kent R

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

When my girlfriend drove for an extended period of time at highway speed on a recent trip (on highway 20 in CA from willits to fort bragg) she basically told me i needed to do something about the terrible brakes. I certainly will not complain about her suggesting we spend money on the Jeep! I went with the Crown BBK, very similar to the Teraflex but at a much lower price.
Nice. I need my wife to make the same suggestions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Cummins_Powered

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks I was wondering what brand you used.

Reactions: Cummins_Powered

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Zj washer reservoir to get rid of my bulky one and make more room for the tires. Next thing is to fab up a rear tire carrier with fuel mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk