What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
Last item bought was a Decked system for the bed. Still waiting on delivery of it...supposed to have been today :rage: The next item is an ARE CXHD topper with Yakima rack, getting it ordered tomorrow. It's going to be an expensive year :sunglasses:

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Just recently got an ARB on board air compressor and air-uo kit, Terrafima snorkel, OME steering stabilizer, new MAF, battery terminals, Euro style side markers, new struts for the hatch and glove box, and im SURE im missing something....sold my 1956 and got some new upgrades. Im happy.

Reactions: Linda Lewis

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Just recently got an ARB on board air compressor and air-uo kit, Terrafima snorkel, OME steering stabilizer, new MAF, battery terminals, Euro style side markers, new struts for the hatch and glove box, and im SURE im missing something....sold my 1956 and got some new upgrades. Im happy.
oh yea, new trans cooler too! seems I got a leak, and ya know...gotta fix it.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I was planning on buying a new winch solenoid to replace my nonfunctional one but now it looks like I need to buy a transmission ..... at least I can still drive forward lol

Corey

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Auburn, WA.
Member #

Just bought a Pakmule hitch cargorack.
PAKMULE Sway-Back

I need room to carry bundles of firewood for camping, and they are not going to fit inside my FJ Cruiser.

I barely had room last year for one bundle of firewood.
What I like about this rack is it is aluminum, fully welded and put together, and made in the USA, not imported.

Kind of pricey, but from what I have read about it online and talking to the owner, it is one of the best ones out there right now.
https://pakmule.com/product/pakmule-sway-back/
Free shipping too, and I will gt pics after I get it.
They make a taller one, but I would not be able to open my rear door.

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

Just bought a Pakmule hitch cargorack.
PAKMULE Sway-Back

I need room to carry bundles of firewood for camping, and they are not going to fit inside my FJ Cruiser.

I barely had room last year for one bundle of firewood.
What I like about this rack is it is aluminum, fully welded and put together, and made in the USA, not imported.

Kind of pricey, but from what I have read about it online and talking to the owner, it is one of the best ones out there right now.
Free shipping too, and I will gt pics after I get it.
They make a taller one, but I would not be able to open my rear door.
its nice but GEEEZ its expensive. the shortened height idea is cool, but when u have a full load on it, back door opening or tire swinging out is still out of the question until you completely unload it. idk if id PERSONALLY spend that kind of loot on that when there are WAYYYYYY cheaper and just as efficient ones on the market. I carried about a cord of wood on the little $60 one from Walmart for about 100miles on my way to ocotillo wells a couple months ago! Just my input....im not knocking it tho! its a LOT prettier than the one I was using and does look pretty heavy-duty.

Reactions: Tim N Michele Davis

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I ordered a Shrockworks front bumper for the Xterra and now I'm finishing up tire shopping. Just down to picking a size I guess...

Plisken

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
Last item bought was a Decked system for the bed. Still waiting on delivery of it...supposed to have been today :rage: The next item is an ARE CXHD topper with Yakima rack, getting it ordered tomorrow. It's going to be an expensive year :sunglasses:
Well, the Decked system arrived. I'll be doing a 2012 Toyota Tundra DC build thread and cover the install of this system among other things in the coming months. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the topper as I now have too many ideas to ponder there and need more time to think it through.
Decked_box_CU-small.jpg

Reactions: Road and TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I nabbed Blue Ridge Overland Gear's Deal of the Day. It is their recovery strap bag with two of their soft shackles and an ARB snatch strap. Looking forward to adding that to the X.

Linda Lewis

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fayetteville, AR
Member #

Last thing I bought that has arrived is a Road Shower 2 that I'm going to review. Thursday, the Prinsu Roof Rack that I bought in January will arrive!
That’s what I’m thinking about next, the part about having getting next, the part of having water and being able to shower sounds pretty great to me.

Michael Kinnett

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Muncie, IN
Member #

Got in on a group buy for a large sized hard shell RTT on Tacoma World, so that's a couple months out. Sold my Leer bed cap and am waiting on my Alu Cab Explorer Canopy to come in. I'm SO looking forward to putting the RTT on it and having side access to my bed. Next on the list are designing storage/mount for fridge and kitchen equipment on the passenger side of the bed, fuel storage on the driver's side, possibly adding a Decked system, and an auxiliary battery system. I want to be able to run my fridge and some other smalls like camp lighting without any worry of draining my starter battery on long trips. I'm 50/50 on making my own or buying a pre-made.... So many decisions!