What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I just bought 5 new wheels for my Defender 90. I'm just in the process of trying to decide whether to clad them in BF Goodrich Mud Terrain, BF Goodrich All Terrain or General Grabber AT3

other items on my wish / shopping list:

Lazer Triple R 28 light bar and Wiring kit
2 x Lazer T2 (rear worklights)
Mobile Storage Systems lockable cubby box
Thunderpole 2000 CB
ARB High Output Air Compressor

longterm wish list:
winch bumper, Warn winch and synthetic rope
ARB Air lockers
twin battery set up with National Luna battery management system

Really long term wish list:
Conqueror UEV 490 expedition trailer

YETI X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clairemont, San Diego, CA 92117
Member #

Bought some Squadron Pro lights an the mount kit for a 5th Gen from Baja Designs. A few others have made the kit work on their 4th gens, so I'm giving it a shot. Next up will be a roof rack, probably a Rola since I spent all my money on the lights! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

Marty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phippsburg, Maine
Member #

What size thread do your Hi lift locking knob fit please? Do you have a picture? Where did you get them and for how much? Cheers
Sorry I don't know the thread on the HiLIft knob. My guy at the local hardware store figured it out so that I could have spare washers and lock nuts.
The HiLift is now secured with a cable fabricated by my hardware guy and a padlock. It's gonna be hard to remove by people who want a free jack.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Sorry I don't know the thread on the HiLIft knob. My guy at the local hardware store figured it out so that I could have spare washers and lock nuts.
The HiLift is now secured with a cable fabricated by my hardware guy and a padlock. It's gonna be hard to remove by people who want a free jack.
I've found a site that does 3/8" and 1/2" but I'll need to figure out if I can put a new bolt to suit if required

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I've gone a bit nuts lately. New stuff.

• Tactical 4x4 LR4 Rock sliders with steps (installed)
  • Tactical 4x4 Rear bumper with dual swing outs (tire and dual jerry cans) with side steps (ordered)
  • Tactical 4x4 Transfer case skid plate (ordered)
  • Tactical 4x4 Gas tank skid plate (ordered)
  • Adventure Tool Company ShopRoll (super nicely made product, USA made)
  • SilkyBoy Katana 500 Saw
  • Some new stainless bowls (i had some of those blue ceramic ones, but they stick together and chip.. ugh!)
The sliders, bumper, armor is all coated by zincnation which does this nifty aluminized metalizing spray process. They guarantee it against rust for 10 years. Then i have that stuff powder coated locally.

EDIT: **** Photobucket... grrr. YEARS of forum post images destroyed in one go by them... PURE RAGE.

Smugmug it is!

Last edited:

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Hannibal-Hi-Lift-jack-clamps-700x700.jpg
Where would you put a new bolt? I think we are talking apples and oranges. I've got the jack on the tube mounts up front and horizontal.
I've added a photo to hopefully clarify what I mean. The top photo shows the brackets I have which clamp on to my Hannibal Roof Rack. Aas you can see from the photo the hilift is secured using the wing nuts onto the M16 thread I'd like to change the wing nuts for the lockable devices that you spoke about. I was wondering whether I could remove the existing bolt from the above brackets and replace for bolts of the same diameter which would accommodate the lockable devices (as per the picture below)
NENFQUM4RTNFMEZDN0RGQUI4NzM6NzYyODNkZGYwZTYzMjNjMzZlNzRmYTAyZDY2OGYzZDI6Ojo6OjA=.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: YETI X

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

I just bought 5 new wheels for my Defender 90. I'm just in the process of trying to decide whether to clad them in BF Goodrich Mud Terrain, BF Goodrich All Terrain or General Grabber AT3

other items on my wish / shopping list:

Lazer Triple R 28 light bar and Wiring kit
2 x Lazer T2 (rear worklights)
Mobile Storage Systems lockable cubby box
Thunderpole 2000 CB
ARB High Output Air Compressor

longterm wish list:
winch bumper, Warn winch and synthetic rope
ARB Air lockers
twin battery set up with National Luna battery management system

Really long term wish list:
Conqueror UEV 490 expedition trailer
I guess that depends on how often you find yourself in mud. I had mud tires for a minute and have been running A/T's since. Haven't had a problem yet and the highway was murder with the M/T's. My 2 cents.

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

I finally ordered the aluminum stock from McMaster-Carr, and the full length drawer slides from Amazon to build my fridge/freezer slide-out.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Hey Steve,
Maybe I missed it, but did you get that Prisnu Rack? I've been eyeing them as a replacement for my Gobi. I need more versatility.

Thanks,

Kyle

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Maybe I missed it, but did you get that Prisnu Rack?
Yes, I did. See page 6 of my build thread for some photos. http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/steve’s-2016-toyota-4runner-modification-and-adventure-thread.1353/

I like it a lot, and with CBI purchasing them, it can only get better. Delivery was quite slow for a lot of folks on the group buy, and quality (really consistency between parts) was frustrating. We installed three racks, and none had quite the same angle on the feet, requiring getting assortment of spacers. But even with that, I recommend them as the best bang for the buck. Especially being aluminum, because of salt use here in Ohio in the winter.