What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Thanks. A friend has them on his rig and they look bombproof. They're not cheap, but I'm tired of ghetto mounts that don't hold up off road.
Sometimes you have to pony up now to not deal with major headache later. These are well worth it.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I just ordered a Raingler full attic net for my Xterra, the next thing will probably be helper leaves and shocks for it. The big truck needs adjuster sleeves and a power steering box so I can rebuild the steering system completely. I'm tired of this wallowing around in the road junk it does.

Veritablehatter

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Boston, MA
Member #

picked up surco mounting hardware for the roof basket I picked up second hand, also picked up a crkt tomahawk on a friends rec. Usually I just keep a carpenters hatchet because hatchet + hammer has always been useful, but I figured I'd switch it up for once. Also grabbed some gorilla mudflaps and new headlight bulbs.

Next on my list is all the hardware to install an accessory fusebox to power later goodies.

Last edited:
Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Last thing I bought was the new bumper from C4 Fab. Next I would like to buy a rear bumper with swing out arm. Doing some research to see what I go with.
C4 fab might be making one for our 5th gens by the end of the year if they have time. When I stopped by their shop, they really want to make one since their aren't many options out, especially a high clearance bumper like they want to make. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything!

Reactions: GSDforLife

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

C4 fab might be making one for our 5th gens by the end of the year if they have time. When I stopped by their shop, they really want to make one since their aren't many options out, especially a high clearance bumper like they want to make. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything!
Thanks. That would be great. I liked working with them. Caleb seems like a good guy and definitely makes quality product.

Reactions: Daniel Etter

VentureOverlandCo

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lakeville MN
Member #

Last purchase was a Freespirit Recreation RTT XL with canopy and it arrived yesterday! My first RTT after a year of research, saving and deciding. Great customer service during the purchase and arrived with free shipping in less than a week. Mounted it last night on my Pioneer platform and it couldn't have been a better fit. But this thing is HUGE which is what I wanted for a family of 4. Next purchase still undecided but I've been waiting for my ARQ 20 awning for a month. But tracking just provided and should arrive in 5 days.
What made you decide on a Freespirit Recreation tent?

GXnGS

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mountain House, CA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hambly
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MVX
What made you decide on a Freespirit Recreation tent?
I first saw a picture of one and really liked the color options they have. Then I called and spoke with Casey who is the GM at the store, and he told me more about the history of FSR (an off-shoot of CVT), and about some of the materials and workmanship they offered. And the price was very competitive so I pulled the trigger.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Just purchased the AEV version of the Rhino Rack. AEV created a different mounting system, for the Rhino Rack Pioneer. I used a Rhino Rack on a Defender 110 in Africa for a while, and loved it. I hope it serves me as well on my Jeep JK. Spent the day putting the parts together. Hope to mount to the jeep this weekend.

IMG_0574.jpg

Reactions: stage7 and YETI X

gotricesmurf

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Antonio, TX
Member #

JW Speaker taillights. Just installed them. Planning to eventually get a gobi rack, but sometimes I feel the need to buy more little things and accessories and keep taking from my jeep fund for the gobi rack. [emoji31]

Reactions: Homeguy

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet

JW Speaker taillights. Just installed them. Planning to eventually get a gobi rack, but sometimes I feel the need to buy more little things and accessories and keep taking from my jeep fund for the gobi rack. [emoji31]
Love the look. I added these to my rig a few months back, after I smashed the OEM, at Hidden Falls Adventure park.

TheOverlandingGoat

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greensboro, NC
Member #

Finished the installation of my AEV (Rhino) Rack.
View attachment 26002
Jeff, did you look at the Gobi too? I like the "stealthiness" of the AEV rack but wasn't sure about drilling the roof. Also, wasn't sure if the footprint would be enough for the RTT and some cases. I'd like to know your thoughts and what made you purchase the AEV.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Jeff, did you look at the Gobi too? I like the "stealthiness" of the AEV rack but wasn't sure about drilling the roof. Also, wasn't sure if the footprint would be enough for the RTT and some cases. I'd like to know your thoughts and what made you purchase the AEV.

Thanks in advance!
Gobi makes a great product. I have a Gobi JK45.

I don't intend to use a RTT. I have always been a ground tent person. I'm considering getting a trailer. Both of these, allow me to set up camp, and use the vehicle for exploring.

I love the Rhino Rack accessories, they secure cargo very well. The wind noise is reduced with the smaller footprint. I’m comparing this to my Gobi Rack experience. I suspect that the JK45 is probably a bit louder then others. I love both products, but the Rhino Rack is better for my current needs.

We will see if it leaks.

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial