What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

Yes, I did. See page 6 of my build thread for some photos. http://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/steve’s-2016-toyota-4runner-modification-and-adventure-thread.1353/

I like it a lot, and with CBI purchasing them, it can only get better. Delivery was quite slow for a lot of folks on the group buy, and quality (really consistency between parts) was frustrating. We installed three racks, and none had quite the same angle on the feet, requiring getting assortment of spacers. But even with that, I recommend them as the best bang for the buck. Especially being aluminum, because of salt use here in Ohio in the winter.
Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that you really dig it. I've been waiting to hear feedback before I pulled the trigger. Rig looks great!

Reactions: Steve

LuxuryOverland

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Steele
Member #

I've gone a bit nuts lately. New stuff.

• Tactical 4x4 LR4 Rock sliders with steps (installed)
  • Tactical 4x4 Rear bumper with dual swing outs (tire and dual jerry cans) with side steps (ordered)
  • Tactical 4x4 Transfer case skid plate (ordered)
  • Tactical 4x4 Gas tank skid plate (ordered)
  • Adventure Tool Company ShopRoll (super nicely made product, USA made)
  • SilkyBoy Katana 500 Saw
  • Some new stainless bowls (i had some of those blue ceramic ones, but they stick together and chip.. ugh!)
The sliders, bumper, armor is all coated by zincnation which does this nifty aluminized metalizing spray process. They guarantee it against rust for 10 years. Then i have that stuff powder coated locally.

EDIT: **** Photobucket... grrr. YEARS of forum post images destroyed in one go by them... PURE RAGE.

Smugmug it is!

Love the rig man, one day I may find myself behind the wheel of one just like it!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I guess that depends on how often you find yourself in mud. I had mud tires for a minute and have been running A/T's since. Haven't had a problem yet and the highway was murder with the M/T's. My 2 cents.
My guess is that you haven't spent much time in the UK. We're generally not known for our hot weather but are usually greeted with wet weather on a frequenext high than most rain forests. So mud is normally quite high on the terrain style.

OLDgrey85

Rank 0

Traveler I

I am waiting for my buddy to find the title to a 1987 Jeep Cherokee. I will be converting it to a off road trail. I am tired of setting up camp and not being able to drive anywhere (ARB awing and awning ).

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

My guess is that you haven't spent much time in the UK. We're generally not known for our hot weather but are usually greeted with wet weather on a frequenext high than most rain forests. So mud is normally quite high on the terrain style.
You are correct sir, I have not spent a lot of time in the UK. It was however, quite wet when I did visit. lol

Reactions: LuxuryOverland

Marty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phippsburg, Maine
Member #

View attachment 28710

I've added a photo to hopefully clarify what I mean. The top photo shows the brackets I have which clamp on to my Hannibal Roof Rack. Aas you can see from the photo the hilift is secured using the wing nuts onto the M16 thread I'd like to change the wing nuts for the lockable devices that you spoke about. I was wondering whether I could remove the existing bolt from the above brackets and replace for bolts of the same diameter which would accommodate the lockable devices (as per the picture below)
View attachment 28711
Don't waste your money on the HiLift locks. Look at the reviews on Amazon. They are awful. Take it from me.

Marty

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Phippsburg, Maine
Member #

View attachment 28710

I've added a photo to hopefully clarify what I mean. The top photo shows the brackets I have which clamp on to my Hannibal Roof Rack. Aas you can see from the photo the hilift is secured using the wing nuts onto the M16 thread I'd like to change the wing nuts for the lockable devices that you spoke about. I was wondering whether I could remove the existing bolt from the above brackets and replace for bolts of the same diameter which would accommodate the lockable devices (as per the picture below)
View attachment 28711
I guess that depends on how often you find yourself in mud. I had mud tires for a minute and have been running A/T's since. Haven't had a problem yet and the highway was murder with the M/T's. My 2 cents.
Agree with previous post. Mud tires will not hold up on the road. I've gone for BFG A/T KO2. Comfy, not too noisy, sidewalls to fight with any rock that pokes itself up...

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Agree with previous post. Mud tires will not hold up on the road. I've gone for BFG A/T KO2. Comfy, not too noisy, sidewalls to fight with any rock that pokes itself up...
I have a second set of wheels. the first set have road tyres on. I was debating which tyres to put on to the second set.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I picked up two stuffable camp pillows today. I've got to buy three more but I'm gonna spread it out a little since we don't have any camping trips coming up soon.

SGT.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

COACHELLA VALLEY, CALIF.
Member #

I've gone a bit nuts lately. New stuff.

• Tactical 4x4 LR4 Rock sliders with steps (installed)
  • Tactical 4x4 Rear bumper with dual swing outs (tire and dual jerry cans) with side steps (ordered)
  • Tactical 4x4 Transfer case skid plate (ordered)
  • Tactical 4x4 Gas tank skid plate (ordered)
  • Adventure Tool Company ShopRoll (super nicely made product, USA made)
  • SilkyBoy Katana 500 Saw
  • Some new stainless bowls (i had some of those blue ceramic ones, but they stick together and chip.. ugh!)
The sliders, bumper, armor is all coated by zincnation which does this nifty aluminized metalizing spray process. They guarantee it against rust for 10 years. Then i have that stuff powder coated locally.

EDIT: **** Photobucket... grrr. YEARS of forum post images destroyed in one go by them... PURE RAGE.

Smugmug it is!

Looks great. Liking your set up