What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

RoarinRow

Rank V

Influencer I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
Being eye one for awhile, so I picked up a cordless impact wrench made by WORKPRO on Amazon. 20V, 1/2", 320lb torque. I've yet to test it out.

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

RoarinRow

Rank V

Influencer I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
Cordless 1/2" impact is a "must have" in my trail toolkit. The number one trail repair is swapping on a spare wheel/tire.

-TJ
Which is exactly why I wanted one. If I ever have to use it I don't wanna have to mess around, as I'm sure timing will be everything.

tjZ06

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Lincoln, California, USA
First Name
TJ
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Which is exactly why I wanted one. If I ever have to use it I don't wanna have to mess around, as I'm sure timing will be everything.
Can I also recommend this: I'm often changing somebody else's wheel/tire, so the different sizes are handy. What I like about this setup is the open space in the case:
1612918772885.png
I keep a long 1/2 drive impact extension and a torque-stick in there. Super handy to have everything I need to swap wheels and actually torque them properly.

-TJ

grubworm

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Thibodaux, LA, USA
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Ham Callsign
WRMA515
What is the brand ? How much did it cost ? Where did you get her ? Is she a goodun ?
i ordered the shovel from Sharper Image...it was "overland approved", so of course it cost more.
the head is made from recycled jeep frames, so i had it clear coated and permanently mounted to the cargo basket.
after sitting in the sun for a couple hours, the little badge fell off though :expressionless:

1612921178176.png

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V

Influencer I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS
Can I also recommend this: I'm often changing somebody else's wheel/tire, so the different sizes are handy. What I like about this setup is the open space in the case:
View attachment 187102
I keep a long 1/2 drive impact extension and a torque-stick in there. Super handy to have everything I need to swap wheels and actually torque them properly.

-TJ
Thanks, yep I've already got a similar set that I used on my track car. I just re-tested to make sure that the sizes I have fit my new drill thingy.

naysjp

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego
First Name
R
Last Name
Johnson
And let the mods begin! Next up installing my Yaesu FT7900. Then...
Okay. Those fixtures look sharp. What a way to utilize that area in the middle of the dash. Did you make those arms and knobs with a lathe? Looks sharp.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Had to keep the one lug with me when checking the torque before races.
What kinda race cars are you two talking about. Most of my equipment came from my circle track racing days.

RoarinRow

Rank V

Influencer I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham Callsign
KN6JJS

Attachments