What is the last thing you bought and plan to buy?

• HTML tutorial

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Cordless 1/2" impact is a "must have" in my trail toolkit. The number one trail repair is swapping on a spare wheel/tire.

-TJ
Which is exactly why I wanted one. If I ever have to use it I don't wanna have to mess around, as I'm sure timing will be everything.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Which is exactly why I wanted one. If I ever have to use it I don't wanna have to mess around, as I'm sure timing will be everything.
Can I also recommend this: I'm often changing somebody else's wheel/tire, so the different sizes are handy. What I like about this setup is the open space in the case:
1612918772885.png
I keep a long 1/2 drive impact extension and a torque-stick in there. Super handy to have everything I need to swap wheels and actually torque them properly.

-TJ

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
What is the brand ? How much did it cost ? Where did you get her ? Is she a goodun ?
i ordered the shovel from Sharper Image...it was "overland approved", so of course it cost more.
the head is made from recycled jeep frames, so i had it clear coated and permanently mounted to the cargo basket.
after sitting in the sun for a couple hours, the little badge fell off though :expressionless:

1612921178176.png

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Can I also recommend this: I'm often changing somebody else's wheel/tire, so the different sizes are handy. What I like about this setup is the open space in the case:
View attachment 187102
I keep a long 1/2 drive impact extension and a torque-stick in there. Super handy to have everything I need to swap wheels and actually torque them properly.

-TJ
Thanks, yep I've already got a similar set that I used on my track car. I just re-tested to make sure that the sizes I have fit my new drill thingy.

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
And let the mods begin! Next up installing my Yaesu FT7900. Then...
Okay. Those fixtures look sharp. What a way to utilize that area in the middle of the dash. Did you make those arms and knobs with a lathe? Looks sharp.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Just a modified street car. Nothing special.
What a nice race car. Is it set up for road racing or circle track. I'm a big fan of all type of racing. I think building them is my biggest niche. All my racing experience is on dirt track and off road.
I'm too old now but that is where my heart is.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
Apparently, my "WIFE" is buying a winch for the H2 this past weekend with the heavy Ice storm we were out clearing trees in our driveway and public roads with me cutting them and her pulling them back with the H2. Out of the blue ...her words " why don't you have one of those pulling things on the front of the h2 like the land cruiser". I just said it is on the list but not a priority well she says that will be your Valentine's day present then. Guess she had fun