Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

8483 said:
@Ian- “Harder to mod then little sister Jeep” nice….let that one slide I guess.
I thought it was funny. I mean everywhere I go I see the "silly boys Jeeps are for girls stickers." I actually really like Jeeps but some of my boys at work have them so it's back and forth all the time! They put the Hummer recovery vehicle stickers on and thought they were so cool. So I put a Jeep recovery vehicle sticker on my dropped Mini Cooper S. Honestly if it wasn't for my Alpha having a V8 I would have bough a Jeep.

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

I installed a new starter. was having problems starting the rig and i had enough. it took me about 1.5 hrs. now back on the road. one thing, the new starter is bigger than the old one. no complains here. it works great.

...disconnected the negative wire on both batteries. then sprayed some DW40 to make things a little easier. there are two 17mm bolts . one on top and one on the bottom of the starter. right were it engage to the flywheel. the bottom one was easier to remove, the top bolt was a pain to get to, but not impossible. once starter is loose. disconnect plug connector and a small nut 12mm for the starter wire. I pulled it out from the driver side wheel well. here are some pics

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

OK, I'm new, so here's what I did this week:

Replaced front/rear rotors and pads
Replaced all interior bulbs with LEDs
Replaced license and backup bulbs with LED
Joined Overland Bound! :blush:

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

8804 said:
OK, I’m new, so here’s what I did this week: Replaced front/rear rotors and pads Replaced all interior bulbs with LEDs Replaced license and backup bulbs with LED Joined Overland Bound!
awesome! I just did all that the last few weeks too. LEDs are a huge improvement I went through a few different ones to find some good white but it was well worth it.

Reactions: dinghy

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

New to forum, washed some mud off the Rover...

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Why would anyone in Virginia rather be in Ann Arbor?!?! :wink: where abouts in VA? We lived in Orange County for six years and loved the area. We'd go up to the foothill roads along the national park boundary and hike in from there. Lots of fun motorcycle roads, too!

I hated when we got transferred to the Cleveland suburbs, but it was closer to family, then kids came along, and now 30 years later we're still here...

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Went for a local trail drive, then I had some child labor done on mine today...

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Installed a set of new sparkin irons. Then because you always half to test any work done we went to the Charles Deam Wilderness for a bit of washed out gravel road/mud and some hiking.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Greased up all my zerks

Filled my slip yoke with grease to stop the thud in and out of gear.

Found a u-joint on its way out.

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

Put my light bar on.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Preparing my Rig for our Wales tour.
New gearbox oil, checked and cleaned front brakes. Removed the "ceiling" which will be renewed and got some dents removed, well more or less.

Reactions: ASNOBODY

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

worked on pluging the holes from the OEM roof rack. thank God they were not bad. one gave me a little of bit of work. I pluged the holes with Machine screws M5.8X12MM Pan head combo. Stainless steel. and some J B weld.  ( Home Depot). I need a little more sanding and then some black paint. had to do it today. we had a really nice day. Rain tomorrow.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

9112 said:
Why would anyone in Virginia rather be in Ann Arbor?!?!
 …
Good ?  I went to school in Ann Arbor, but I live in McLean, VA. I do miss Cottage Inn Pizza and Zingermans Deli, but I'm at a point where I have to watch my carb intake, so it's probably better for my health that I'm not in A2.

But back to the thread...I finally got around to making a set of limb risers for the Rover.  Picked up most of the parts from Home Depot, though I did get the Camel Trophy style mounts from RoversNorth.

Reactions: k9sar and Vyscera

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

put these billet  handles on. Nightmare!