DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Installed my VOSWITCH Controller and Under-The-Hood Relay/Fuse Box. All eight ports are setup with 40-Amp Relays and 30-Amp Fuses. And I still have three open slots for additional, future accessories.

001 VOSWITCH Installed Redux.jpg001 VOSWITCH Controller Redux.jpg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
After installing the larger NITTO tires,
I had to deal with them rubbing on the Wheel Wells / Fender Liners. To remedy this, rivet the liner to a bracket and weld / attach it to something that will allow you to pull the liner rearward enough to eliminate the rubbing of the tire. In my case, I have Nerf bars on either side to step up into the truck that the small brackets could be welded to.
No more rubbing and no need to hack up your Fender / Wheel Well.

002 Fender Well Relief IV.jpg002 Fender Well Relief I.jpg002 Fender Well Relief II.jpg002 Fender Well Relief III.jpg

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

Installed a Midland MTX275 Mobile Radio. I added a 2 port 12v outlet with usb outlets to expand my charging capacity. I will likely hardwire the GMRS in the future so it can be used as a base camp radio. The magnetic antenna is mounted to the bed for now for quick setup.

Attachments

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Yesterday I finished up most of the engine accessories on the CJ2, oil filter cannister, alternator, intake/exhuast, carb, fuel pump, oil feed and return lines for the oil filter assembly, distributor along with a Pertronix electronic drop in ignition, then got most of the clutch linkage assembled except I forgot to order the "adjustment yoke", so I put an order in for that along with a few other odds and ends. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the exhaust dropped in and welded up. Getting really close to time to put the tub back on. And I still need to order up new drive shafts.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Yesterday I finished up most of the engine accessories on the CJ2, oil filter cannister, alternator, intake/exhuast, carb, fuel pump, oil feed and return lines for the oil filter assembly, distributor along with a Pertronix electronic drop in ignition, then got most of the clutch linkage assembled except I forgot to order the "adjustment yoke", so I put an order in for that along with a few other odds and ends. Hopefully tomorrow I can get the exhaust dropped in and welded up. Getting really close to time to put the tub back on. And I still need to order up new drive shafts.

That's going to be awesome...I mean, it already is!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Reactions: PCO6

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I installed a hitch mounted tire carrier that I made for my Jeep XJ. I still have to complete the fold down table for it and change out a bit of hardware but it's mostly complete and it's functional.

View attachment 234441View attachment 234442
That looks very good. Great work! That is a awesome XJ. Enjoy your travels with it.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Thanks guys. I haven't had a chance to test it on a trail yet but I think I've hit every pot hole in town (on purpose) and so far so good. It's solid!

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Finished installing sPOD in my JKU.
Installation was fairly easy and it allowed me to clean up the wiring mess in the engine bay.
The toughest part was getting the ethernet cable up through and out of the A pillar to the location I wanted to mount the touch screen.
The screen mount is from 67 Design.

sPOD cover.jpgsPOD finished terminals.jpgsPOD touch screen.jpg