Rank VI

Influencer I

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lujan
Member #

I finally upgraded to the Heavy Duty Tires & Wheels needed for the weight of my Rig.
5 x NITTO - Ridge Grappler Tires - Rated @4,080-lbs ea.o
5 x METHOD - MR305 NV HD Wheels - Rated @4,500-lbs ea.
Another couple of items knocked off my Prep checklist.
View attachment 233700
How much does your vehicle weigh

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
How much does your vehicle weigh
I'm at ~13,500 - 14,000 lbs with the Arctic Fox on w/a long-term, expedition load of equipment.
My rear tires carry 3,880-lbs each when loaded, which is, of course, way more than the 3,195-lb rating of the OEM LT265/70R17 and standard wheels. I looked into LT285/75R17 which are rated to 3,750, so those still fell short of the mark.
The best I can find are the LT295/70R18 E 129 Rated tires, and since the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are on backorder - forever - I discovered that NITTO Ridge Grappler tires, in that 18" size, are also rated at 4,080-lbs, which gives me some breathing room, together with the HD METHOD Wheels rated up to 4,500-lbs each.
Sorry - probably way too much info! Ha!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I've added a couple more Lights to my Rig. They are the 'RIGID Model #262313 D-SS PRO "Driving" Directional Light Pair'. There is a Left and a Right Cube with 6 Forward-Firing LEDs and an additional 3 Side-Firing LEDs (3 on the left side of one cube and 3 on the right side of the other cube), thus creating a Left and a Right Cube. They are Hood-Mounted, and I have them pointing Oblique L & R which, together with their Side-Firing LEDs + the 4 Cubes and 2 6" High-Power Lights
mounted on & in the front bumper, give me ~240-degrees of illumination Forward and Sideward. Next will be lights to fire rearward to help illuminate camp and for night backing.

RIGID D-SS PRO DRIVING LT PAIR.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I've added a couple more Lights to my Rig. They are the 'RIGID Model #262313 D-SS PRO "Driving" Directional Light Pair'. There is a Left and a Right Cube with 6 Forward-Firing LEDs and an additional 3 Side-Firing LEDs (3 on the left side of one cube and 3 on the right side of the other cube), thus creating a Left and a Right Cube. They are Hood-Mounted, and I have them pointing Oblique L & R which, together with their Side-Firing LEDs + the 4 Cubes and 2 6" High-Power Lights
mounted on & in the front bumper, give me ~240-degrees of illumination Forward and Sideward. Next will be lights to fire rearward to help illuminate camp and for night backing.

View attachment 233779
I have a similar pair from another company. Also aimed outward to highlight deer before they pounce. High beams fill the center.

D68E7DFA-80AF-4E3A-AD26-14654344EC81.jpegD8B6D469-C421-424A-A313-C4565601E97B.jpeg

Kania2k22

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Cornelius, OR, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Kania
Member #

A day late, but yesterday, we had the new wheels and tires installed. Very happy with the look and feel. Same tire size, for now, 265/70R17 and SCS Gen5 with -10 BS. Had to do a small amount of cutting and might need to pull the mud flaps at some point. Overall though, thrilled with the setup.

Attachments

Reactions: DaleRF and Shahn

speedkills

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Delmore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YND
Took a wrong turn on my way to rescuing someone stuck in the mud around midnight. I got there, but I definitely took the hard way. It just got harder and harder as I went.

Finally got to him and it was a super easy winch, and going out the way he came in was a walk in the park.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Took a wrong turn on my way to rescuing someone stuck in the mud around midnight. I got there, but I definitely took the hard way. It just got harder and harder as I went.

Finally got to him and it was a super easy winch, and going out the way he came in was a walk in the park.

Two Words: Holy Crap!
Just, WoW!
Great Job Man!

Reactions: speedkills

speedkills

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Auburn, California, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Delmore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YND
If was good fun. I felt terrible for being an hour later than I should have been but instantly felt better when I saw the smile on the driver's face. He had been there all day and didn't really care that I was an hour later than planned, just happy to be pulled out for free. He offered me $40, I told him to buy a shovel with it :grinning:

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
A day late, but yesterday, we had the new wheels and tires installed. Very happy with the look and feel. Same tire size, for now, 265/70R17 and SCS Gen5 with -10 BS. Had to do a small amount of cutting and might need to pull the mud flaps at some point. Overall though, thrilled with the setup.
Looks Great!

Reactions: Shahn

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Speaking of stickers. I got one of those windshield decals with the website on it. Didn’t go as planned haha. The backing was sticking and it got all messed up. So I had to remove it. This is all that made it. Oh well.

Attachments

Reactions: PCO6 and Shahn