Enthusiast I

Vermont
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kennedy
Gun Range last Friday..
PXL_20211105_151925141.jpeg

Blizzak DM-V2 Snow Tires in Bed with OEM 18" Wheels for install in AM on Wed...last shot of the year w/ this setup

PXL_20211110_121856020.jpeg

Easy and cheap (free) way to mount MaxTrax to Bedslide. Takes up almost no space at all, easy to grab, no cost, out of the way, like a glove between bedrails. Vehicle is DD, wanted to have them in the vehicle but not interfere with anything.

PXL_20211112_211656129.jpeg

Fun Stuff...will have to wait for next week. May try to clean and re-oil air intake filter tomorrow.

PXL_20211112_211740306.jpeg

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
For my 2005 Sequoia:
Bought new wheels and KO2's, got a 3" lift and new UCA in the mail from 1stGen, also been tracking down a steering wheel wobble at 55-70mph, had entire front end checked and double checked by dealer, all good to go, only item that might be cause is rack and pinion, which sucks but I am changing it, normally I would just sell the darn thing, but I truly love this thing, big yes but I can carry a ton of stuff (as compared to my jeep), and nice comfort while doing so, added benefit is I can sleep inside of it!

Jim

rcspencer100

Rank II

Contributor III

Nokesville, VA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Spencer
Member #

Installed a Rhino Rack Backbone and Pioneer Platform on my Jeep JL. Great product and company! Was missing a keep component in the packaging, contacted RR Customer Service and had it the next day (from Colorado).

Couple lessons learned
1. Tape below the mounts on the outside of the hardtop. Tightening the hardware is awkward and can easily lead to a slip which in turn could result in scratches to the hardtop

2. The Butyl Mastic you apply around the holes gets everywhere. Make sure not to apply too much.

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
I picked this up from a guy on Craigslist. He bought it for his 2017 and his wife hated it and made him sell.. pretty new and in great shape. Just dusty from sitting in his shop for a while. Gonna clean it tomorrow and throw it in!

I also ran sealant around my bed seams to keep out undercarriage dust.

Attachments

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Swapped the intake tube on thecopcar. Note theothertwin looking on sadly.

It’s good for 47.2 HP, and dropped 3 seconds off the 1/4 mile ET.

Attachments

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Today I continued on the install of the decked system. Cleaned the whole thing and installed it. Overall a very nice system. My only gripe is the drawers don’t open as far as I’d like. I’m already thinking of ways to remedy that issue.

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Had a nice experience today. I had an unexplained loss of coolant for some time. Well, a damaged spot on the radiator was found and now I have a new radiator in it. Hope that was the damage and now all is well - must watch it.

Well, today made a longer test drive. Checked everything in a parking lot. And there was someone with a cooling problem, all water boiled over. Got the vehicle towed to the next place where he was picked up and got help. As a thank you he wanted to give me money. I refused of course and told him that the next time he sees someone with a breakdown, he should help that person, that's the way to go!

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the frame cleaned up with the wire wheel and needle scaler, cut off the rusty battery tray and welded in a new one and welded up a series of cracks on the front of the frame and used the flap wheel to clean up those and some other nasty welds the previous owners have done. Tomorrow I hope to lay down primer and paint on the frame but they're calling for a very windy day so I may not be able to without moving it into the garage. This is the last large item before I can start going back up with this project. I have a giant pile of parts just waiting at this point but I"m sure I've forgot a few things and will be waiting on parts at some point.