19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Today I continued on the install of the decked system. Cleaned the whole thing and installed it. Overall a very nice system. My only gripe is the drawers don’t open as far as I’d like. I’m already thinking of ways to remedy that issue.

Attachments

El-Dracho

Mid Europe Member Rep Germany
Expedition
Supporter

Endurance III

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
Had a nice experience today. I had an unexplained loss of coolant for some time. Well, a damaged spot on the radiator was found and now I have a new radiator in it. Hope that was the damage and now all is well - must watch it.

Well, today made a longer test drive. Checked everything in a parking lot. And there was someone with a cooling problem, all water boiled over. Got the vehicle towed to the next place where he was picked up and got help. As a thank you he wanted to give me money. I refused of course and told him that the next time he sees someone with a breakdown, he should help that person, that's the way to go!

Downs

Rank V

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Got the frame cleaned up with the wire wheel and needle scaler, cut off the rusty battery tray and welded in a new one and welded up a series of cracks on the front of the frame and used the flap wheel to clean up those and some other nasty welds the previous owners have done. Tomorrow I hope to lay down primer and paint on the frame but they're calling for a very windy day so I may not be able to without moving it into the garage. This is the last large item before I can start going back up with this project. I have a giant pile of parts just waiting at this point but I"m sure I've forgot a few things and will be waiting on parts at some point.

SJ.Overland

Rank VII
Expedition
Adventure

Trail Blazer I

Beavercreek, OH, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Johannes
Member #

Ham Callsign
KE8TDZ
Nice. That looks like a Rago? I wish they made one that fits my ZR2.
Yep it is a Rago! I will say I have big hands and it was tough to install in the front mounting holes. Would have been easier probably to remove the entire center console rather than just the top. I think if they were to branch out from toyota and lexus they'd be very popular.

Reactions: Shahn and velo47

TahoePPV

Rank VI

Influencer III

Buda, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Went Cub Scout camping. Was a brisk 21f for a low Saturday early morning. Had to cut short due to my son developing a roaring head cold but even he said he had fun and wants to do winter camping again!
I remember my stepson and I earning our polar bear club patches on such a trip. It hit 18F.