Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Also looks like a great spot for a fridge that already has a somewhat padded top with cup holders. Win-win! :)
Would be great, except for the cost. This ammo can was free, been following me around the country for many years lol and maybe 10 or 20 cents of hardware I already had laying around to secure it down.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Ammo can center console in the CJ to replace the cheaply made low buck thing that was in there before. The old one locked but was made out of particle board and vinyl so would have been easy to break into, and the previous owners were fishers I guess cause it was full of old lures and used hooks. It was also too low to work as an arm rest. Still on the fence on if I should paint it or leave it. Pretty sure I'm going to upholster at least part of the lid and add a basic cupholder or set of cupholders.

Pretty sure this was the old unit that was in there but in vinyl instead of denim.

Cup holders are pretty easy.

02149B58-38E3-48AA-ADF6-D63A1AA3C548.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Ammo can center console in the CJ to replace the cheaply made low buck thing that was in there before. The old one locked but was made out of particle board and vinyl so would have been easy to break into, and the previous owners were fishers I guess cause it was full of old lures and used hooks. It was also too low to work as an arm rest. Still on the fence on if I should paint it or leave it. Pretty sure I'm going to upholster at least part of the lid and add a basic cupholder or set of cupholders.

Pretty sure this was the old unit that was in there but in vinyl instead of denim.

A GREAT COLOR FOR IT WOULD BE ORANGE SO IT WON'T CLASH WITH THE JEEP. LEPER SKIN FOR THE UPHOLSTERY WOULD LOOK NEAT.

• Haha
Reactions: RoarinRow and Downs

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
yes I needed to go with a better offset than the factory ones, to allow going up a size without rubbing. hope to get it dirty a few times over the Christmas break.
The wheels made a world of difference IMO. What size tire were you able to put under it by changing wheels and what back offset did you need on the wheels ?

I had to raise my LRD2- 2" and add 1" spacers as well just to go up 2 tire sizes (31.7") without going to a skinny tire that just didn't look right to me.

Have a gday and yes, get her dirty but not stuck anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilhelmB

Atc210

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Columbia, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
D
Member #

I have a frontrunner rack and lots of goodies coming in today. That should keep my busy for a bit. Got some ROAM boxes in yesterday to include several other toys. I do most of my shopping around this time of the year. My pockets are empty!

Reactions: RoarinRow

WilhelmB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

12 Grandview Drive, Redbank Plains Queensland, Australia
First Name
Will
Last Name
Beaver
Member #

The wheels made a world of difference IMO. What size tire were you able to put under it by changing wheels and what back offset did you need on the wheels ?

I had to raise my LRD2- 2" and add 1" spacers as well just to go up 2 tire sizes (31.7") without going to a skinny tire that just didn't look right to me.

Have a gday and yes, get her dirty but not stuck anywhere.
the factory rims are a -10 and these are +25, with these I went to a 31.6 from the factory 30.5, I plan to put a 2" lift in eventually and with that combined i may be able to go as big as 33 without rubbing (if i remove the mudflaps :tearsofjoy: )

have a great day

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Reactions: WilhelmB

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I took my sliders in to Greenville powder coating yesterday afternoon, getting the pair done for $150 then we went to Dallas to see some friends and I get a email from another powder coating outfit near me called unit f14 they quoted me $300 for each one. Hmm no thanks.
Both are a rip off IMO ! I would have used rattle can bed liner and done them myself.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Both are a rip off IMO ! I would have used rattle can bed liner and done them myself.
$150 for both is a really good price for powder coating but yeah I know that won't last and I wanted to just spray em and be done, but my wife wants powder coating to match other powder coating on the truck. so guess what? They are gonna be powdercoated.
I would have done the coating myself but a 80" oven is 1. Hard to find and 2. Expensive

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
$150 for both is a really good price for powder coating but yeah I know that won't last and I wanted to just spray em and be done, but my wife wants powder coating to match other powder coating on the truck. so guess what? They are gonna be powdercoated.
I would have done the coating myself but a 80" oven is 1. Hard to find and 2. Expensive
I have to agree with your decision if you wanna live a peaceful life.