Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
It was a day... Needed some Jeep J200 Gladiator therapy so I went and tinkered. Finally got the consarnit clutch master cylinder cap off without destroying anything; greased the threads before replacing and only snugged it. Got the e-brake release working a little more smoothly and will need to find a spring for it; much better now. Also pulled a blinker bulb and it looks good so I guess we will get to dig into the blinkers. I'll check the other side to see if that bulb is good - something is telling me on these older vehicles if a bulb goes out the system gets wonky. And we received our shop manual today! Programmed the boy's radio to the only country station in the area which is pretty bad. :)
Did you check the blinker thingy under the dash ? Sometime just unplugging and replug will work. I love old trucks for their simplicity.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Mine was great with the spool that came with it and one I bought in the wrong diameter, I tried some from a company called Forney after I ran out and it was garbage.
Youtube had some great video's on the hf welder that mention what wire works best. Definitely not the wire that comes with it. I bought the same welder last year but havent had a chance to use it.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Not so much my vehicle but where my vehicles live.

Another partial day of purging and reorganizing the garage. This shelving unit at the back of the shop always takes the longest to do and hopefully I can wrap this up tomorrow. Already feel like I have so much more space now that the tables have been cleared off and the cleaning/lubrication shelving has been re organized and unused items discarded.

You should know better than to clean and rearrange. Now you won't be able to find anything if your like me.

• Haha
Reactions: grubworm

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Youtube had some great video's on the hf welder that mention what wire works best. Definitely not the wire that comes with it. I bought the same welder last year but havent had a chance to use it.
As I said before the wire that came with it was better than name brand stuff sold at the hardware store. Hf I could stack dimes almost with the Forney brand it looked like I was arc welding with a coat hanger.

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Got the ABS sensor replaced as it has not been working since the end of October, and my car is going back to the shop tonight (it's 1:10 pm when I'm writing this) to get a missing bracket replaced, after that I need to save up and get the catalytic converter replaced with a new one and that will set me back $1432.42 and has to be done to get the Check Engine Light to stop glowing.

Edit: when that is done I can focus on upgrading parts for my car :D

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
As I said before the wire that came with it was better than name brand stuff sold at the hardware store. Hf I could stack dimes almost with the Forney brand it looked like I was arc welding with a coat hanger.
I'm glad you posted that info. Now I won't throw my hf wire away until I have a chance to try it myself. Was you wire the 30 or 35 size ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Got the ABS sensor replaced as it has not been working since the end of October, and my car is going back to the shop tonight (it's 1:10 pm when I'm writing this) to get a missing bracket replaced, after that I need to save up and get the catalytic converter replaced with a new one and that will set me back $1432.42 and has to be done to get the Check Engine Light to stop glowing.

Edit: when that is done I can focus on upgrading parts for my car :D
Holy cow, who is your mechanic ?
That is a ridiculous price IMO.

Reactions: Downs

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Holy cow, who is your mechanic ?
That is a ridiculous price IMO.
Norway is one of the most expensive countries on this planet, but that's ok, I'm used to it.

Let me give you an example (if my math is correct), the price we pay for fuel (both for 95 octane and for diesel) is roughly $7 a gallon converted to US measurments.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Norway is one of the most expensive countries on this planet, but that's ok, I'm used to it.

Let me give you an example (if my math is correct), the price we pay for fuel (both for 95 octane and for diesel) is roughly $7 a gallon converted to US measurements.
Damn man, how can anyone afford to live there. My gas budget is $50.00 a month (roughly 1 1/3 tanks of gas or 27 gallons of 87 octane fuel which converts to about 480 miles of driving a month) for my main driving vehicle, which I have no problem with that since I cant go anywhere anyway (covid restrictions). With our new president elect I anticipate the cost of gas in the US will easily double or triple in cost shortly with his anti fossil fuel positions and up coming environmental B.S. regulations. :angry:

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

October, my brother helped repair my Jeep’s manual transmission (shoddy shop work) and reinstall. Clearanced the forward part of the center console shift area to improve shifting after the tummy tuck. Removed the Teraflex rear track bar relocation bracket (after crushing an evap line, only a Teraflex 2” spring lift) and installed an adjustable rear track bar and R&R the worn rear Teraflex 2” springs with OME med-hvy weight 2” rear springs (huge improvement with handling and a lot less bump stop recertification). In order to get a wrench on the track bar Torx bolt, dropped the gas tank. Changed the fuel pump by installing a new pump in a new 24 gallon tank. After off-roading the western third of NM from Cibola NF to Cosmic Campground, attached a Ram mount to my phone’s ProClip mount (the Garmin windshield suction cup kept popping off while driving over the rough parts).
B4A14304-505F-47B3-AA35-56763224B488.jpeg
FD22D358-8093-4629-B7B6-78372B9031B2.jpeg
8871326F-A173-44EE-AE2A-728289364054.jpeg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Ammo can center console in the CJ to replace the cheaply made low buck thing that was in there before. The old one locked but was made out of particle board and vinyl so would have been easy to break into, and the previous owners were fishers I guess cause it was full of old lures and used hooks. It was also too low to work as an arm rest. Still on the fence on if I should paint it or leave it. Pretty sure I'm going to upholster at least part of the lid and add a basic cupholder or set of cupholders.

Pretty sure this was the old unit that was in there but in vinyl instead of denim.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Ammo can center console in the CJ to replace the cheaply made low buck thing that was in there before. The old one locked but was made out of particle board and vinyl so would have been easy to break into, and the previous owners were fishers I guess cause it was full of old lures and used hooks. It was also too low to work as an arm rest. Still on the fence on if I should paint it or leave it. Pretty sure I'm going to upholster at least part of the lid and add a basic cupholder or set of cupholders.

Pretty sure this was the old unit that was in there but in vinyl instead of denim.

Also looks like a great spot for a fridge that already has a somewhat padded top with cup holders. Win-win! :)

Reactions: Downs