Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Ok. Is time to post ...What did you do with your Rig Today? ( Credit of this thread goes to Mud forum...you know where ) It could be... washed it, went wheeling, maintenance, fix, add accessories, Mods, etc.
Just post it here. you can post as many times as you want. I know title says today, post it even if it was last week, last month, last year... just do it!

Today...80 selfie :-0

Not today...breakfast ...Fishing trip/camping. love cooking on the outdoors.

Frisly
Love it, looks like you're having a blast. To think I'm stuck behind the keyboard in Northern NY with Projects due by Monday, but I will find some time to install a few mods this weekend.

Attachments

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
I have almost 40 hours into prepping my rig for a paint job. The previous jobs were a weekend start to finish proposition and the cheap acrylic enamel would only last 3-4 years outside. I have used probably 100 sheets of peel and stick on my DA's ranging from 120 to 400 grit this go around. Hope to get some epoxy printer sealer on it today. It is 20 degrees outside so I will be painting in my heated garage with the door half open. Once that cures, I will wet sand it with 600 before color coat with acrylic urethane, followed with acrylic urethane clear coat.
Then I will cut and buff it out. Hope to have it all finished and the interior plastic refurbished by Christmas, all while working 40 hours a week.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Welded up my sliders last night and did a little welding on my Massey Ferguson lift arms. Now I'm finding quotes for powdercoating. And I can tell you for sure my hf 90amp fulx core works way better at welding .120 dom tubing than my Hobart 125 flux/mig I think I need a new feed wheel the Flux wire kept slipping.
20201212_171310.jpg20201212_114248.jpg20201212_114245.jpg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I built my sliders with that same welder. They're still holding up fine.
Yeah after the first weld I had no worry about the quality. I can see the penetration on the plates too. I still have to do final cleanup before having em coated. I did find out the hf welder don't like non hf wire and the .030 tip will run .035 wire without a problem.
16078851358478554881549615421815.jpg16078851945487965963083663275421.jpg

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Mine runs fine on name brand flux core wire. The spool that originally came in the box with the welder was garbage. I assume that spool goes in at the factory in China then just gets contaminated over time and exposure on the long boat ride to the states.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Mine runs fine on name brand flux core wire. The spool that originally came in the box with the welder was garbage. I assume that spool goes in at the factory in China then just gets contaminated over time and exposure on the long boat ride to the states.
Mine was great with the spool that came with it and one I bought in the wrong diameter, I tried some from a company called Forney after I ran out and it was garbage.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Mine was great with the spool that came with it and one I bought in the wrong diameter, I tried some from a company called Forney after I ran out and it was garbage.
Had the same experience with Forney brand wire. But Lincoln brand worked well.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Not so much my vehicle but where my vehicles live.

Another partial day of purging and reorganizing the garage. This shelving unit at the back of the shop always takes the longest to do and hopefully I can wrap this up tomorrow. Already feel like I have so much more space now that the tables have been cleared off and the cleaning/lubrication shelving has been re organized and unused items discarded.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Added a cabin air filter to thecopcar. Only the Escalades were originally factory equipped. But the ductwork access provisions are there and the mod is about $40 including filter.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Guess I'll be going back to get it lol. It was pretty nasty and stiff so I left it behind.
Saddle soap will do wonders. You would be surprised at what some people would pay for that OLD saddle. You can always sell it to the TV show American pickers. They buy anything OLD..!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
On the good side I Picked up a canopy for free that’s in great shape , downside is it’s 8” to long ... even more downside there’s not 8” of material on either side of the window so I will have to take 4” off both the front and the back . Seems simple enough but we will see tomorrow .View attachment 179034
Your a brave man !