Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Threw a couple of recovery hooks on the CJ5, one on each end, and changed the oil on one of the motorcycles.

Yesterday I welded the tailgate back together at the latch points. I think one of the previous owners hung a spare tire off of the tailgate which caused these points to rip. I welded the cracks/rips ground them down smoothish and repainted.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
The cooler weather took a small hit to my tires so I busted out my Viair 400p and inflated the tires, including spare, back to spec.

Reactions: JimBill

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Set the idle speed, timing, repositioned the map sensor, fixed the exhaust leak, and a few other odds and ends on the 76 Cherokee. Reset the computer and drove it around on errands today so it can relearn. The Howell TBI is now running pretty dang good!

Almost done, still waiting on the new fuse box to arrive so I can tidy up the last of the wiring on the fender well.

tbi done.jpg

P_20190822_175837.jpg

Last edited:

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Ordering my new Hella E-code headlights and ddm Ultra 55w H4 bi xenon kit for them. Finally some good headlights. LED SUCKS. 4500k nice normal light color not blue garbage color, some real light power to punch down the road, and proper cut off with shields and E code light housings so no blinding other drivers, unless they get beamed for driving with their garbage led bars on (common place around here). Can't wait to get it all installed and taken for night rip. I am also adding 55w HID to my 500's. I had this done before and they are a great budget lighting setup for long range full coverage lights.

Here are a few photos....

first one is truck lite trash on low, second on high, then 500 HID on....Check the color of the lights and overall intensity.

Attachments

Last edited:

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Just got a 400P for my birthday. Used it to refill a 32 from 10 PSI to 33 in just over a minute. These pumps rock!
Awesome, just it definitely fills up the tire quickly. Only complaint, at least on my 400p, is that pressure gauge is off compared to my other air pressure gauges, which are consistent with each other. The 400p seems to be off be at least 8 PSI.

JimBill

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

San Benito County, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Madison
Member #

Mine is off by about 8 when pump is on, but about 2 when pump is off. I plan to change the gauge to an oil filled 0-60 psi for better resolution, then play with it and mark the gauge where it turns out 33 psi tire pressure is when the pump is on. A strange but good twist of life is I have 4 vehicles that can live happy with 32-34 psi tire pressure.

Reactions: RoarinRow

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Installed an O2 sensor spacer (to try and get rid of the Check Engine Light, it's still on) and looked at the sparkplugs (they look fine, but will be replaced with better quality ones at the next service)

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Mine is off by about 8 when pump is on, but about 2 when pump is off. I plan to change the gauge to an oil filled 0-60 psi for better resolution, then play with it and mark the gauge where it turns out 33 psi tire pressure is when the pump is on. A strange but good twist of life is I have 4 vehicles that can live happy with 32-34 psi tire pressure.
Good to know I'm not the only one who noticed that the 400P gauge is off. Please post up how you are changing out the gauge. I'd be interested in that solution.

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
Loaded the CJ up with some steel targets and a few guns and hit the range. After that I hit up Wal Mart and grabbed a new fire extinguisher to put in the CJ and replaced the 45 year old throttle cable and snugged down the headers.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I swapped out the 200A breaker for my aux electrical system with a 100A waterproof marine breaker.

I also rerouted my ground cable and added some wireloom to protect the wires running alongside the metal seat brackets.

Also discovered that my 90° brass barb fitting for my water system has a crack in it, so I'll have to order a new one before I can finish that up.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I swapped out the 200A breaker for my aux electrical system with a 100A waterproof marine breaker.

I also rerouted my ground cable and added some wireloom to protect the wires running alongside the metal seat brackets.

Also discovered that my 90° brass barb fitting for my water system has a crack in it, so I'll have to order a new one before I can finish that up.
Why downsize the breaker?

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Picked up my sliders from Greenville powder coating. None of the workers knew what a slider is so I had to tell em to find the things that look like steps for a truck and the guy was like oh yeah those. Overheard the workers when they took them out to my truck, one of them said that thing is bad ass when they saw our truck it made my wife chuckle.
16087330536348379119800782088534.jpg
They ended up only charging $120 instead of the original $150 they quoted. So I'm happy with that too.