Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Took it (the new one) to get the old one licensed and title transferred. Stopped by Home Depot on the way home to pick up some steel, all thread, nuts and washers to fabricate a battery tie down for the old one.
Am getting better at locating parts for the J200 (old one) and have some stuff on the way - including truck and motor service manuals.

Good, but expensive, day!

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
The kids insisted on going on a "Jeep Ride" yesterday. Noticed I still had exhaust header leaks but I had some Remflex header gaskets coming in. The little one fell asleep not long after we rolled out. The oldest stayed awake for the whole ride. Didn't go far but tooled around on some backroads. Found this culvert built with two railway tanker cars with the ends cut off. Some of the usual garbage plus a saddle. First time I';ve found a thrown out saddle.

This morning the UPS guy got here way earlier than normal. Just got done installing the Remflex header gaskets. Weather is pretty crappy today so not sure if I'll fire it up and take it for a spin or wait till tomorrow. I also tapped the diff breather holes for 1/8 NPT thread since both were missing when I got the Jeep. Now I have both axle's breathers ran up to around the battery tray area.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
The kids insisted on going on a "Jeep Ride" yesterday. Noticed I still had exhaust header leaks but I had some Remflex header gaskets coming in. The little one fell asleep not long after we rolled out. The oldest stayed awake for the whole ride. Didn't go far but tooled around on some backroads. Found this culvert built with two railway tanker cars with the ends cut off. Some of the usual garbage plus a saddle. First time I';ve found a thrown out saddle.

This morning the UPS guy got here way earlier than normal. Just got done installing the Remflex header gaskets. Weather is pretty crappy today so not sure if I'll fire it up and take it for a spin or wait till tomorrow. I also tapped the diff breather holes for 1/8 NPT thread since both were missing when I got the Jeep. Now I have both axle's breathers ran up to around the battery tray area.

That saddle is AWESOME! I hope it is now in your shop!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

On the good side I Picked up a canopy for free that’s in great shape , downside is it’s 8” to long ... even more downside there’s not 8” of material on either side of the window so I will have to take 4” off both the front and the back . Seems simple enough but we will see tomorrow .BE707FFE-0529-49EC-8C1D-10F8A8996D8B.jpeg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Got the canopy shortened .... a little to much , I didn’t account for the way the tailgate comes out in a small arch it’s not straight across. Oh well it’s on and will serve it’s purpose . 6C995818-67C7-4AB0-9952-81E45E5507D3.jpeg
Next on the list is swap out the torsion bars for a lighter set , a wheel hub and a body lift . .

Last edited:

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Got the alternator in the J200 last night and it is now charging the battery. Today, make something to hold the battery in place and a gear oil refill party! Then a drive with the boy.

I broke the first alternator last night, snapped the ear off while (over) tightening. It had a helix in it which tells me there was some damage there in a previous life. Luckily OReillys had another on the shelf and they graciously warrantied for me. I told them what happened and they were awesome.

Have also been consulting with @M Rose and learning a lot about these old beasts. For instance it would seem ours is full of IH parts.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Got the alternator in the J200 last night and it is now charging the battery. Today, make something to hold the battery in place and a gear oil refill party! Then a drive with the boy.

I broke the first alternator last night, snapped the ear off while (over) tightening. It had a helix in it which tells me there was some damage there in a previous life. Luckily OReillys had another on the shelf and they graciously warrantied for me. I told them what happened and they were awesome.

Have also been consulting with @M Rose and learning a lot about these old beasts. For instance it would seem ours is full of IH parts.
I’m sure alternators aren’t cheap. Good thing OReillys exchanged it for you.