Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Nivardo
Last Name
Beaton
Member #

Installed mounts for Garmin Explorer and iPhone. The Garmin is on a ram mount with the Garmin charging clip and located near the A-Pilar. The iPhone has a Quadlock case and is on a Quadlock suction cup mount attached to the lower dash storage door.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
J200 update
I think the locking hubs are trashed. Had front up on stands, locked the hubs and spun a wheel - the other wheel did not move :( I think the ticking, which comes and goes, may be locking hub parts on spin cycle...
Received new alternator but its "main bolt" ear is 3/8" and the existing hardware is all 1/2". Ordered new bolt/nut/washer and a 3/8" ID by 1/2" OD steel bushing to keep the slop out of the existing 1/2" mount. Getting close to just drilling out the alternator ear; already dug the 1/2" bit out ;) Patience boy, patience... Advice???
Received our inner and outer bearings for the front wheels and a set of seals, may still be needing a different seal and won't know until I (errrr, we) get real greasy.
Picked up a Dana 44 tool and some picks to facilitate getting real greasy.

Reactions: M Rose

Nivar3

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Nivardo
Last Name
Beaton
Member #

Installed mounts for Garmin Explorer and iPhone. The Garmin is on a ram mount with the Garmin charging clip and located near the A-Pilar. The iPhone has a Quadlock case and is on a Quadlock suction cup mount attached to the lower dash storage door.
Put the mounts to use today with a day trip to Flamingo Everglades National Park.

Attachments

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hope everyone is having a good Thanksgiving weekend! and hopefully some have had a chance to get outside and explore. We finally got the chance to get our ARB awning mounted on the WJ, and recently re-routed the front brake line so it does not get severed again. Iron Rock Off Road critical path long arm kit has a wye shaped lower control arm on the drivers side, the upper leg of the Wye during a very hard full compression bump can pinch the brake line between the frame and control arm. This causes a rupture of the line and loss of brakes when you typically need them the most. First time it happened I passed it off as a random failure of an old brake line, but when it happened again further investigation located the cause of the pinching problem. Ended up adding an additional section of hard line and relocated the brake hose mounting bracket forward about half a foot. (I have also noticed IRO has replaced their 3 link kit with a 4 link one eliminating the wye)

Attachments