Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Continuing to "build" the new JT. Realized that I need aux switches to enable some of the electrical scenarios that I envision and during a conversation with a buddy we discovered the Voswitch system. I bought and installed it last night/this morning. It has 8 ports/switches/relays and is 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the "name brand" competitors and every review that I found gave it 4-5 stars. I am impressed with build quality and the extra (imitation?) Ram mount goodies that they provide. No regrets and very happy with it so far! Got to drop the windshield to run the control wire to the faceplate and took the time to hide the ham radio faceplate wire as well (and clean the dash).

Since I saved so much on the Voswitch I ordered a set of VisionX reverse lights to wire up. :)

Extra RAM mount goodies (imitation me thinks). Did not need the JL/JT dash tray with RAM balls so if you want it let me know. Also included an extra arm and phone holder. Nice!
IMG_0594.jpeg

Control box installed and wired up (pre zip tying). Windshield dropped and wires dangling.
IMG_0598.jpeg IMG_0600.jpeg

Finished install with first device (ham radio) moved over to it.
IMG_0608.jpegIMG_0610.jpeg

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

Had some body mount rubbing near full lock steering, from the weight of the bumper and winch install. Remedied; Coachbuilder 1" strut shims and SpiderTrax 1.25" wheel spacers installed. Drives straight, smooth , zero steering issues, and better stance.

Also, upgraded my original sPod Bantam to the BantamX and added a 2nd source BantamX. Perfect fit on the fuse box cover.

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Pulled the 6x12 to Home Depot and hauled 20 sacks of Ready Mix to the cabin in the woods. Loading and unloading concrete at my old age.

You guys should feel sorry for me.....

I could use a little more of this and I'm not talking about hauling or mixing concrete.

Reactions: Murphy Slaw

South_Puget_Sound_OL

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roy, WA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pinick
Member #

Installed new CV swivel joint seals. What a mess lol.
How many miles on your rig. Just wondering, looks like a big job to me.
170k. Its actually pretty simple with the proper tools. The 52mm socket is the hardest to find for the spindle nuts. Luckily I bought one months ago when I changed the rear rotors. Just make sure you have lots of rags or towels cause its messy lol.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I nearly got rear-ended by a moron who didn't yield so I had to swerve to avoid getting hit. I dodged him by darting into a parking lot but my rear bumper clipped a pole and dented the rear bumper, I need to replace it, I just hate smashed up stuff on such a pretty truck.
Ah man that sucks. Hopefully it’s DIY repairable?

Reactions: Ubiety

Stantonfamilytruckster

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Breinigsville, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

I installed an arb fridge freezer a month or two ago and it’s been awesome to have cold stuff all the time even when just going to the store or a family day. I made my own platform out of 1/2 inch plywood and it’s been amazing. I believe I got it cut 44 inches by 27 inches. I used 2 inch m6 bolts. I removed the bolts holding the tie downs in the back and used the m6 bolts in place of it. I included cutting a hatch I. The plywood to have access to the storage location in the trunk under the platform. This way I can access my jumper cables and bottle jack. I ran the arb wiring kit on the driver side under the plastic coverings to the battery. I also ran in the same fashion a usb charger that I wired to my spod so i can turn it on when I need. This was an easy and gratifying install. I used a hand saw and a impact driver. I just wanted to see what I could do with hand tools and it worked out well. I am going to be installing a slider for the fridge as I hate climbing in the jeep trunk to get my sons juice lol I’m including pictures and hopefully it helps anyone who wants to build their own platform. I spent about 100 or less dollars on everything for the platform including the saw and hardware.

Attachments

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Not today but yesterday picked up a go rhino grill guard at the pic-a-part (Ogden, UT) for $55. It was already pulled and just sitting on the engine bay of an OBS burb like mine so I just grabbed it. I wasn't there after that but I'll take a win. Started cleaning it up. Details in the build thread: "CHUCK" 1998 Chevy Suburban K2500 Build

Reactions: Ubiety