Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Got the tub the rest of the way painted. It's not the greatest. Its a "100 foot" paint job. I tried my hand at bondo for the first time.....you can tell

Looks better than the red Jeep that rolled off of Black Bear pass recently.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Spent some time tweaking my rack setup today. Every time I set up my tent I have a hard time walking around. Specifically on the traction boards side. Since I had them flush with the bedrails it made it impossible to walk around. So I added some super strut near the top of my rack. I think other than different mounting hardware it will work great. I also had another member come over to help me put it all back on the truck. @Jonathan01 thank you for your help bud!

Attachments

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

I picked up a used truck tool box which I installed and then shortened my tonneau cover to match it up.
The purpose of this is the box will be the home for the second battery and my viair compressor
I used a 1x1 piece of tubing to pinch the canvas after cutting it

Did I mention the 1-1/2 hours of measuring to make sure I didn’t royally mess it up the tonneau or getting the courage to drill into the toolbox I just bought
Lol

It seem like it was a success
I might add it was snowing every time I was working outside

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I picked up a used truck tool box which I installed and then shortened my tonneau cover to match it up.
The purpose of this is the box will be the home for the second battery and my viair compressor

Did I mention the 1-1/2 hours of measuring to make sure I didn’t royally mess it up the tonneau or getting the courage to drill into the toolbox I just bought
Lol

Love it! Great idea.

Reactions: Mekcanix

afootorafloatLJ

Rank VIII
Launch Member
Supporter

Trail Blazer I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Calhoun
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7FKK
Replaced an Automatic Transmission cable and plastic sleeves on the LJ Rubicon.

Attachments

Billygoat Rocklanding

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Mannix
Member #

Lol

Nice I did the same with mine on my F350. And being a Minnesota raised I know the working in the snow thing.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Today is turning into "run ham radio extension cables day". Found a decent spot under driver's seat for the speaker and need to "convert" the supplied bracket to keep it from bouncing around. Ran the mic extender cable and will integrate the mic connection into the "speaker stuff" under the seat - this is how the JKU was setup and I liked it. Totally lucked out on the faceplate mount, at least a great temporary setup. Noticed the lonely unused Ram track ball and that that looked like a good enough spot for the faceplate to go in the tight-ish interior. After removing the ram ball's lego spacer the ball barely fit into the faceplate mount allowing it to be tightened to the track. I was willing to settle for much less so am pleased with the outcome for effort expended ;)

7D428D9A-2FDC-48F4-B16C-1FAAF2AB5A02_1_105_c.jpeg2A87E55D-E7D4-4480-9615-0FAC055CF634_1_105_c.jpeg
A67F981F-E76B-4364-8402-31B00BCB5FAA_1_105_c.jpeg63307C63-4564-46C1-A9CD-0914796B269F_1_105_c.jpeg

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Finished up the radio install for now; feels good to have a workable radio again! Turned the external speaker bracket into "custom under seat brackets" and the speaker is now locked into the seat forward/back adjustment lever - taking up otherwise wasted space and audio seems fine. Mic cable ran and the little block is wedged in pretty well but will probably add a zip tie.

1B37C40C-A8F0-432D-B2A1-B6BE0225A7FD_1_105_c.jpeg790A7BF7-00C7-41D9-BB58-E093FCEB3C52_1_105_c.jpegE224AC65-4221-4D60-942F-4F34BBC6B8C7_1_105_c.jpegCED7C998-E0CC-4731-A033-39D667D85009_1_105_c.jpegF4DAD088-A9EA-4B89-89D9-8D684B223F0D_1_105_c.jpeg

Stantonfamilytruckster

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Breinigsville, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

Went trick or treating with the family but stopped by a local area that’s fun to take the kids fishing. Somewhere quiet.

Attachments

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Finished up the Cathedrals Valley Road at Capitol Reef. The rangers said that the road was impassable due due to deep sand and 4WD we’re getting stuck, but I assumed it was people who were unprepared or never off road before. Glad I did it.

Attachments

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Pulled the roof rack off for some functional changes. I have loaded the bins on the back every trip think it is contributing to some sagging once fully loaded. I am moving my mounting points forward, my Max Trax to the back to better place weight towards the center. I am also adding a mesh flooring in place of the sheet metal flooring I had put in the back half. The metal was thick enough to hold weight, but thin enough it really grew and shrunk with temperature changes. Summer was fine as it stretched itself out. When cold, it pulled back some and would vibrate in certain conditions. I will make sure it has a wider 1/2" gap around the radius to eliminate the vibration. Did some grinding of some rusting spots and am painting it later today. Forgot how heavy that damn thing is!