Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
I took my truck Fly fishing in Oak Creek Canyon, caught 4 large Trout and 1 monster size Trout.

This is one of the smaller ones, and he was still a 13"/14" Trout. I gave up my Turkey hunt for this ............ and it paid off. :smile:

IMG_1535.JPG

Last edited:

Dlnuckolls

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Shepherdsville, KY, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Nuckolls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4WHV
Today was stellar! Go the new bumper and winch installed this morning.
The choice is so big for jeeps I dont know how you choose one (bumpers) !
Indeed, I went with a Barricade bumper since I like the low profile winch plate. It keeps the winch mostly below the grill so almost no air flow reduction. It is significantly heavier than the stock one, but the added protection of the steel vs plastic was a winner in my book.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I took my truck Fly fishing in Oak Creek Canyon, caught 4 large Trout and 1 monster size Trout.

This is one of the smaller ones, and he was still a 13"/14" Trout. I gave up my Turkey hunt for this ............ and it paid off. :smile:

View attachment 172332
Sounds like a great day. Where is Oak Creek Canyon ? Did your truck enjoy it ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Indeed, I went with a Barricade bumper since I like the low profile winch plate. It keeps the winch mostly below the grill so almost no air flow reduction. It is significantly heavier than the stock one, but the added protection of the steel vs plastic was a winner in my book.
Your correct and I got rid off all the unnecessary, unhelpful fiberglass on the front of my LRD2. I recently bought front and rear bumpers for my LRD2 machine. I had three choices, that had nothing to do with quality.

The first was expensive but affordable, the second was more expensive and just out of reach. The third was awesome and only for rich guys to drool over.

I chose the first one with hopes of beefing it up as I need too in places I know are weak, as in no skid plate attachment points on the front and no towing hardware, only holes in the bumper for some expensive through the bumper tow hooks. The wench plate is as low as it can be on the LRD2 Frame but I need to trim the grill for it to fit. I'm not liking that but to alter it would mean bringing the winch plate mount outward which I dont want to do either but 2" may not be that bad or that hard for a good welding shop. Engineers should have planned better. Skid plate will still be an issue for my unskilled off road driving skills.

I'm okay with my new rear bumper but it is not the one I wanted or could afford. I dont climb boulders so I'm probably pretty safe with what I have.
Lanlubber Jim

Louiston

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

USA
First Name
Lou
Last Name
N/A
Sounds like a great day. Where is Oak Creek Canyon ? Did your truck enjoy it ?
Sedona, Arizona is at the south end of Oak Creek Canyon. Driving to the top of Oak Creek Canyon will put you about 20/25 miles from Flagstaff, Arizona.

Sedona is a HUGE tourist trap due to the beautiful red rock formations. Living in Arizona for as long as I have, has given me the ability to "know of" places on Oak Creek that few people will venture to.

And yes, Achilles (my truck) enjoyed a couple days out and about, his bumpers quiver with excitement every time he see's a Fly Rod or any tool for hunting/fishing/camping. :smile:

A13usaonutL._AC_CLa 2140,2000 618ALlcK9EL.png 0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_SX342_.jpg

Last edited:

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Sedona, Arizona is at the south end of Oak Creek Canyon. Driving to the top of Oak Creek Canyon will put you about 20/25 miles from Flagstaff, Arizona.

Sedona is a HUGE tourist trap due to the beautiful red rock formations. Living in Arizona for as long as I have, has given me the ability to "know of" places on Oak Creek that few people will venture to.

And yes, Achilles (my truck) enjoyed a couple days out and about, his bumpers quiver with excitement every time he see's a Fly Rod or any tool for hunting/fishing/camping. :smile:

View attachment 172379
Thank you for the location. Achilles and I could be great friends. Hope we meet up some day out there in the sticks. :-)

Reactions: Louiston

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
Had a loud noise sounded like tires never sounded like that before and checked the front diff and it was 1 qt low on oil. Filled that up and no change. Ordered new hubs and while I was at I ordered EBC Green stuff brake pads all around. Hope this works. Rear axle bearings look like a bear to install especially laying in the driveway..

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
Had a loud noise sounded like tires never sounded like that before and checked the front diff and it was 1 qt low on oil. Filled that up and no change. Ordered new hubs and while I was at I ordered EBC Green stuff brake pads all around. Hope this works. Rear axle bearings look like a bear to install especially laying in the driveway..
Wow a quart low. mine only held about 1.25 quarts front, and 1.5 quarts rear

Have you seen this? Looks like it would be easier to squeeze into the fill plug.

Amzoil.jpg

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Ohh you mean 80-90 differential fluid... ok got ya... yea I won’t have that problem... gears were done weeks after I bought the Bronco. It had a noise coming from the differentials... come to find out it was bad wheel bearings, but to get to the rear wheel bearing spider gears and axles had to come out any ways. So I went ahead and put all new gears in as well.

theoriginalgiga

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Chaney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WFI
My pup has a problem standing on the back seats of my truck so I took the weekend to design and build a removable platform that sits on the back seat. It was a pretty easy build and maybe cost $75. It has collapsible legs and a 1/8" rubber mat that prevents the dog sling mat thing from sliding about. He loves it as it raises him up about an inch or two and he has close to double the usable space. He used to slip off the seat and fall between them which I'd have to stop, finish giggling, help him back up and get back on the road. It'll make a great platform for anything I want to keep in the cab when he isn't with me and takes less than 5 minutes to remove.

Attachments

lukes3415

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Townsville
Member #

My pup has a problem standing on the back seats of my truck so I took the weekend to design and build a removable platform that sits on the back seat. It was a pretty easy build and maybe cost $75. It has collapsible legs and a 1/8" rubber mat that prevents the dog sling mat thing from sliding about. He loves it as it raises him up about an inch or two and he has close to double the usable space. He used to slip off the seat and fall between them which I'd have to stop, finish giggling, help him back up and get back on the road. It'll make a great platform for anything I want to keep in the cab when he isn't with me and takes less than 5 minutes to remove.
This is a great idea, I should look into making something like this up for my rig. My staffy is getting too old to hop in and out of the back now and so kind off platform would help her out immensely.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That should save on those seats pretty good.

Reactions: theoriginalgiga