Oneida, NY
First Name
David
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Purchased a used shell a couple months ago, had it painted to match the truck. Made a rack from 80/20 1020 1"x2" and 1"x1" with 2"x1/4" aluminum sides. Added an ARB awning to the zr2 this morning.
Now I don't need to carry a free standing awning In the back of the truck anymore. View attachment 163385
Do you have pics of the rack?

Reactions: ‘los

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

7142rvPTIOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I installed these in my Air deleted Rebel. I found the truck did a few weird things when towing my camper and saw these for $100 on a amazon used deal.
I installed them easily then inflated to the recommended 30 lbs and took it out to seat the bags in the coils, well, WOW different truck
they are running at 25 lbs and get the first shot at the camper this weekend. I will say that the bags have taken out all of the weird handling I have had since getting the Rebel about 8 weeks ago. Oh its in a 2016 Ram Rebel 1500 that had the air suspension removed by the dealer, which is why I even looked at it

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Dropped it off at the shop to get the fuel pump replaced, only to find out that the fuel pump is fine and that it has a misfire on all 4 cylinders, both O2 sensores and the coilpack needs replacing...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Wish I had known you were going to do this sooner. I had bought a winch plate from harbor freight thinking I was going to build my own front bumper and winch mount. I ended up buying my front bumper with winch plate built in. I would have given you the harbor freight one if I had know. I could have saved you a bit of work friend Mike ! Can still send it if you'd like.
Lanlubber

Reactions: RoarinRow

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Added fridge slide and 4 rock lights (Alu-Cab and Baja Designs).

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Wish I had known you were going to do this sooner. I had bought a winch plate from harbor freight thinking I was going to build my own front bumper and winch mount. I ended up buying my front bumper with winch plate built in. I would have given you the harbor freight one if I had know. I could have saved you a bit of work friend Mike ! Can still send it if you'd like.
Lanlubber
Thanks for the offer Jim. The HF winch tray won’t work for my application, it’s 40” between the frame rails of the Bronco and the HF Tray is 37”.
The tray isn’t that hard to build... and I bought the material to build it a long time ago... the hard part was getting someone to help me get the bumper off my old truck to remove the winch with. I would have been done hours a go, but sleep deprivation and not having more cut off wheels led me to quit after getting the bumper off.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thanks for the offer Jim. The HF winch tray won’t work for my application, it’s 40” between the frame rails of the Bronco and the HF Tray is 37”.
The tray isn’t that hard to build... and I bought the material to build it a long time ago... the hard part was getting someone to help me get the bumper off my old truck to remove the winch with. I would have been done hours a go, but sleep deprivation and not having more cut off wheels led me to quit after getting the bumper off.
Some things just need another pair of hands.
I have that problem all the time these days. Your right about the HF winch trey, They are short of 40" for sure.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Some things just need another pair of hands.
I have that problem all the time these days. Your right about the HF winch trey, They are short of 40" for sure.
I looked into it hard for quite some time before deciding to fabricate my own tray. I can’t take credit for my winch mount, it’s a pretty well documented and strait forward fabrication project... only needs a grinder and a drill, a welder and a floor jack make it a little better... I’m thinking of borrowing a welder that my friend has loaned me in the past to weld up recovery points/more frame mounts. I’m not too fond of six (6) 1/2” bolts holding the winch plate to the frame... it actually looks like 4 unless I Relocate my front sway bar, which will then still need some 1/4” flat bar welded on to the plate to make the sway bar sit level... or some kind of spacer for the back 2 bolts.

Pictures to come of my dilemma in the morning.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I dont know what you have in mind for final attachment. I sure wouldn't move or alter the sway bar. Anxious to see how the stock bumper will remount if that is your plan.
The stock bumper will move out about 2”, but it didn’t fit snuggly to the frame to begin with.
The bar I’m holding in my hand attaches to the winch cradle allowing me to bolt the cradle through the sides of the frame as well as the bottom of the frame. I’m probably going to bolt it all together, then have my brother weld the critical pieces together.