Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
How well does a dodge power steering pump fit on a Ford Bronco ? How will you install the winch on the Bronco with the stock bumper ?
As @TahoePPV said the power steering pump is actually based on a GM pump. However, Ford used the pump on some full size vans in the late 80’s through the 90’s. I had to get a bracket from a 1992 Ford E-250 Van with a 351 Windsor to make the Steering pump swap. I took the Ford Saginaw Pump and put it on the Ram because I highly modified the Ram Pump to work with the winch. All in all because of the winch, it’s a bolt on procedure.
As for the Winch install with factory bumper... A 8” x 1/4” x 38” piece of structural channel Iron, and some 3” angle is all that is needed to make my cradle that ties the front frame rails together. Drill some holes, cut a hole for the fair lead, and bolt it all together. Actually quite simple and looks good too... I didn’t come up with the idea, but it’s a good one.
(Not my pictures)84BD6C18-465F-4671-A50D-5DED82D87FF4.jpegA22FCB16-6C00-4576-9E2B-292EDACDD118.jpeg4456AE9D-C1F9-4FCB-ACAD-5EF72E6C7B9C.jpeg

Disco Patrol

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oneida, NY
First Name
David
Last Name
Cruz
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
It's more like what didn't I do! Over the last 3 weeks I've been catching up on some overdue maint on the WJ. Rear control arms, front upper and lower control arms, front u-joint, drag link, spark plugs, battery, alternator upgrade, tires, and power steering pump. She rides solid once again and I can get to 60mph without my front end vibrating!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
As @TahoePPV said the power steering pump is actually based on a GM pump. However, Ford used the pump on some full size vans in the late 80’s through the 90’s. I had to get a bracket from a 1992 Ford E-250 Van with a 351 Windsor to make the Steering pump swap. I took the Ford Saginaw Pump and put it on the Ram because I highly modified the Ram Pump to work with the winch. All in all because of the winch, it’s a bolt on procedure.
As for the Winch install with factory bumper... A 8” x 1/4” x 38” piece of structural channel Iron, and some 3” angle is all that is needed to make my cradle that ties the front frame rails together. Drill some holes, cut a hole for the fair lead, and bolt it all together. Actually quite simple and looks good too... I didn’t come up with the idea, but it’s a good one.
(Not my pictures)View attachment 163705View attachment 163706View attachment 163707
I shoulda knowed that Mike. Forgetting more than I know these days.

‘los

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Memphis National Golf Club, 10135 National Club Dr, Collierville, Tennessee 38017, United States
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
ONeill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB4CO
Finally got around to install the ICS Fab Dash Mount

Attachments

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

Did some off roading and on a steep rocky hill climb, I flipped a log up into the cowl. Fresh war wound #^@%!

7 19 dent (3).JPG

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS

Jay

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Canada
First Name
jay
Last Name
mysterious
Member #

today/yesterday I installed my 100watt renogy solar panel, the freedom pannels have just enough room to still come off

I like that I can leave it in place and just slide it out when I need it, less chance of it getting damaged and my only draw on the deep cycle battery it charges is the fridge when we will be stationary for 3-4 days at a time. I will have to park with the front of the car south from now on to get the juice but the panel has done ok so far. she charges she charges,

Yes those be some pointy selftap screws coming out i have to cover them with some rubber knobs, I contemplated about cutting off the ends but im afraid that my aluminium bracket is too thin and they will fall off with vibrations

cost of panel 136
controller was 35
deep cycle agm battery plus box with the 12 volt socket and v meter 420
extra wires with mc4 already terminated was 26
slides, bolts and misc was bumed off relatives lol

so it cost about 600 CND dollars for a 105 amp/h system with solar to keep it charged, less than half price what it would have cost me to buy a jackery 1000. (1300$ plus solar panel 1450ish$ in canada) sweet baby jesus....

tent.jpgxc.jpgzz.jpg
zx.jpg44444.jpg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
today/yesterday I installed my 100watt renogy solar panel, the freedom pannels have just enough room to still come off

I like that I can leave it in place and just slide it out when I need it, less chance of it getting damaged and my only draw on the deep cycle battery it charges is the fridge when we will be stationary for 3-4 days at a time. I will have to park with the front of the car south from now on to get the juice but the panel has done ok so far. she charges she charges,

Yes those be some pointy selftap screws coming out i have to cover them with some rubber knobs, I contemplated about cutting off the ends but im afraid that my aluminium bracket is too thin and they will fall off with vibrations

cost of panel 136
controller was 35
deep cycle agm battery plus box with the 12 volt socket and v meter 420
extra wires with mc4 already terminated was 26
slides, bolts and misc was bumed off relatives lol

so it cost about 600 CND dollars for a 105 amp/h system with solar to keep it charged, less than half price what it would have cost me to buy a jackery 1000. (1300$ plus solar panel 1450ish$ in canada) sweet baby jesus....

View attachment 163758View attachment 163759View attachment 163760
View attachment 163761View attachment 163764
That’s very slick!