Launch Member

Member II

Dawson County, GA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Trying tp get on board air on my 02 TJ Sport. Always want my installs to be clean so this is really tough. Anyone have any suggestions let me know. I tried the plate under the brake booster but it's just too tight.

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

Trying tp get on board air on my 02 TJ Sport. Always want my installs to be clean so this is really tough. Anyone have any suggestions let me know. I tried the plate under the brake booster but it's just too tight.
What on board air system are you trying to install? I have an ARB and I was able to install it near the brake booster. Ill get photos for you in moment.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

Fly_hippie Here are a few photos on how I fit my ARB near the brake booster. Its been in that exact spot for 5-6 years now. Not once single issue. I thought by now I would have burned it up being in the engine bay. :laughing:
Same setup. The plate under the brake booster is a good location for an ARB compressor:
FBCC947E-FDC7-4AB7-8FDF-A4D9635EB8FF.jpeg
B80E71FD-B905-43B3-8568-A200741FB03C.jpeg
29399458-A6B6-490B-9DC2-C74D6C2F44A0.jpeg
I use the gallon milk jug cap (perfect friction fit) to keep out debris. The compressor is wired to an sPOD. The air hose reaches all five tires.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Reactions: Downs and RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Purchased a used shell a couple months ago, had it painted to match the truck. Made a rack from 80/20 1020 1"x2" and 1"x1" with 2"x1/4" aluminum sides. Added an ARB awning to the zr2 this morning.
Now I don't need to carry a free standing awning In the back of the truck anymore. View attachment 163385
Good paint job! Everything looks good!

Reactions: Retired

KN6DXV

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Allan
Last Name
Overby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DXV
That’s a great price for the bond straps!

what was your reason for doing that, RFI in your radio gear?
Trying to get as much ground plane as possible. When i transmit the more ground plane the stronger my signal will be. Hf signal needs as much ground plane as you can give it. So if i run 100watts, only 50 to 75watts may actually get out. So im increasing my chances of better performance.

KN6DXV

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas, United States
First Name
Allan
Last Name
Overby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DXV

BrokeDown

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Added the Mopar 2 inch lift and Falken WILDPEAK A/T3W tires (255/80R17)
On Monday, I will pick up the ARB Twin High Performance 12 Volt Portable Air Compressor

Next up, winch, armor, tire carrier, seat delete, kitchen, roof rack, RTT.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
yesterday the “Adventure Machine” developed
the notorious steering whine. I decided long ago I was going to convert over to a Saginaw power steering system for better pressures, steering response and reliability. So I went and stole the power steering pump, winch and Auxiliary Lights
from my Ram. Today I start the Saginaw swap and install my winch. Pics to fallow.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Trying to get as much ground plane as possible. When i transmit the more ground plane the stronger my signal will be. Hf signal needs as much ground plane as you can give it. So if i run 100watts, only 50 to 75watts may actually get out. So im increasing my chances of better performance.
You might be surprised by the small difference on the transmit results. Receive is definitely going to benefit. My rig is a police package Tahoe. It’s got bonding straps everywhere.

K7USR

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, WA
First Name
Kathryn
Last Name
Antonetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7USR

UltimaSanctus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
W
Member #

Temporarily traded my Tahoe for my dad's 2011 RAM 1500. Reason being, on the way to work Friday night gauge cluster in the Tahoe decided to turn off. Smacked it once and it worked again for about a minute and cut off again. Cluster is currently on it's way to Wisconsin. It'll be rebuilt and have LED backlights and a transmission temp gauge added in.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
yesterday the “Adventure Machine” developed
the notorious steering whine. I decided long ago I was going to convert over to a Saginaw power steering system for better pressures, steering response and reliability. So I went and stole the power steering pump, winch and Auxiliary Lights
from my Ram. Today I start the Saginaw swap and install my winch. Pics to fallow.
How well does a dodge power steering pump fit on a Ford Bronco ? How will you install the winch on the Bronco with the stock bumper ?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE