none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Reactions: RoadTrip1

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Bringing it to the dealer tomorrow for a recall that I've been getting calls on for a few months, and to have them look at the brakes. Pedal went spongy after a rear pad change, apparently their relatively notorious for getting into the ABS system.

Added 7 pin wiring and a brake controller a couple months back for the new pop up camper.
Didn't have great service at the dealer. They did the recall, didn't put the trim piece back in surrounding the radio, but said it was ready to go, and didn't do anything with the brakes. They also didn't check the check engine light, or even bring it up to me (It keeps popping up and I know exactly what it is, but thought it was weird they didn't say anything). First time I've gone to this specific dealer. My wife had been bringing her Jeep there (free oil changes and tire rotations for another few) and hadn't had any issues until the last oil change we noticed a tool left under her hood. Time to find a different place for warranty work and recalls.

Thankfully I do pretty much all my own maintenance except for recalls obviously.

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Ordered parts for the Rover (180 thermostat, valve cover gaskets, Bluetooth adapter ). Did a few minor body corrections. It's still new to me, and I haven't had much time to pick it part. Need to get it ready for service so that I can do some much needed maintenance to the TJ.

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Ok let's recap.​
Bought the new truck (2019 F150 4x4)​
Undercoat and Bedliner sprayed​
Exterior paint sealant and interior fabric protect applied​
Weathertech floor mats front and rear installed​
And today installed the Weathertech mud flaps at all wheels​
Besides an ARE or Leer topper and a Decked drawer system I'm done!​
KIMG1347.JPG

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Today... Well I accidentally open the rear sunroof on the Disco. The problem is, they don't work. Literally paid less for the Rover because neither one work, lol. Spent quite some time getting the motor freed up so it would turn by hand and close the thing. LOL
I also removed the rear Muffler because it was collapsed inside and rattling. Amazingly it's still very quiet.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ordered parts for the Rover (180 thermostat, valve cover gaskets, Bluetooth adapter ). Did a few minor body corrections. It's still new to me, and I haven't had much time to pick it part. Need to get it ready for service so that I can do some much needed maintenance to the TJ.
Yeah, Rome wasnt built in a day. Good luck

Reactions: kkriewald

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I lost between 6-8lbs over a 75f-34f drop with 1200 miles between the checks.
That's quite a bit of loss but I'm not surprised at that amount. Just shows that checking your tire pressure regularly is a good idea.

If you can , I really need a picture of your cropped off front bumper. I had the front driver side and passenger side window regulators replaced today on my LRD2. It feels good to be able to roll my windows up and down for a change. I was going to let the body shop chop my front bumper valence but couldn't figure out how to cut the center section. Your picture may help some, but there is a difference between the early model bumper-valence and the later model Discovery's.

I Took the LRD2 through the car wash today and it destroyed the cracked hard plastic cover on the factory bumper that holds the bumper turn signal in place. I'll have to temporarily cut a sheet of aluminum and place over the gaping hole in the steel factory bumper under the plastic, then cut a new mounting hole in the alum for the tail lite remount. Hopefully I will get a new steel bumper in the months ahead. Maybe I can come up with a picture for the temp bumper fix.

Last edited: