Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
In the middle of installing a front and rear camera for my Tacoma, I can switch them any time I want.
I tried to install a rear camera and discovered after everything else was done, the video cable was about 2' too short.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

In the middle of installing a front and rear camera for my Tacoma, I can switch them any time I want.View attachment 125368
I'm doing the same thing. The A / V cables are run, but cameras are not mounted. I'll have to come up with a camera mount to affix it to the under-side of the front bumper center grill-guard bar.
For the rear camera, I'm waiting on material to build a rear bumper, then to install the camera.

Reactions: Captstout

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I added one of those cheap bolt on tire carriers to our new trailer that I'm hoping to make into a base camp trailer for us over the next year. Next is to enclose it with plywood temporarily to see if it's going to be as useful as I'm hoping or if we need to look at going with a larger trailer to start with. So far I haven't done anything that can't be easily undone.

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

I set up my Staun tire deflators to 15psi. And, being the OCD person I am tested each on individually. Spent the better part of an hour airing down my spare and then back up and making adjustments till each was was spot on.
Did the same prior to my latest trip. Those Staun deflators worked like a champ! Much easier than using a key.

PaulH

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Norwich, CT
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Heely
Member #

Did the same prior to my latest trip. Those Staun deflators worked like a champ! Much easier than using a key.
I also had bought the ARB tire deflator, but like the Staun's much better and will be sending the ARB back. It worked quickly, but the gauge on it is off by almost 4psi compared to my other gauges. The Stauns seem like the best way to go for me. No standing there bent over or kneeling in the mud either.

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

I started looking for shorts to my electrical issues after my headache Doctor appointment. Wires I checked were in good shape in my XJ. If not to cold and head isn’t pounding tomorrow will look some more.

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I removed the center section of the dash, to run a phone charging cable, and the front/rear trail camera power/video cable.
I drilled a hole in the upper dash tray and installed a nylon grommet to run the cables through.

IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

I then ran the rear camera video cable along the truck frame to the rear bumper location and secured it with wire-ties. I'll be building a HD rear bumper in the near future and will make a mount for the rear camera. I also ran the front camera video cable under the hood, to behind the grill for when I install the front winch bumper w/trail camera.

Then I drove to the store for a six-pack, so my truck and I could celebrate our accomplishment. :smiley:

Last edited:

Jeepmedic46

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Orange, Ma
First Name
William
Last Name
Domey
Member #

I removed the center section of the dash, to run a phone charging cable, and the front/rear trail camera power/video cable.
I drilled a hole in the upper dash tray and installed a nylon grommet to run the cables through.

View attachment 125595

View attachment 125594

I then ran the rear camera video cable along the truck frame to the rear bumper location and secured it with wire-ties. I'll be building a HD rear bumper in the near future and will make a mount for the rear camera. I also ran the front camera video cable under the hood, to behind the grill for when I install the front winch bumper w/trail camera.

Then I drove to the store for a six-pack, so my truck and I could celibate our accomplishment. :smiley:
Looks good

Reactions: eagle_A40

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

View attachment 125595

View attachment 125594

Then I drove to the store for a six-pack, so my truck and I could celibate our accomplishment. :smiley:
If you said so earlier I missed and apologize (don't have a lot of experience in forums), is that cross bar mount made by Ram Mounts?

Reactions: eagle_A40