Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I was really focused on regular weight and then started thinking about those circumstances where weight is multiplied like when a rig is burried in mud or sand. In hindsight I should have got the 12k since it shares the same chassis as the 10k. Next time. :) Until then, snatch blocks will have to do like you mentioned.
At harbor freight the cost difference between the 9000# and the 12,000 # is about $20-$30 dollars. I think I will go for the 12,000 to be safe.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
255-70/16 in an 8” wide and +8 rims. It was only on off camber but noticeable enough
[/QUOTE

That's weird. I had 255/ 70r/16 on my rig with no lift and never had any rub issues. I added the 2" lift spacers and 1" wheel spacers in anticipation of buying a new set of tires in size 265/75R/16. The new tires fit but touch the front bottom of the fender bumper valence. I will trim off about 6" and it will be okay. I'm planning to put a new off road bumper before to long anyway. I didn't change wheels because the stock wheels are wide enough as is. I like your wheels but not the price and if your wheel rubbed it was because the back side offset was wrong on your new wheels. You sucked your in with offset and added a litytle width, where I pushed mine out 1" with a spacer and stayed with stock wheels. See pictures attached. First pic = stock with 255/70r/16. Second pic = 255/70r/16 with 2" lift. Third pic = close up of 2" lift and 265/75R/16 tire, 31.7 " tall. The 265/75r in this brand tire has a 10.9 " tread width that is about an inch wider than most 265 tires. Pay no attention to my roof rack. It's just up there in order to take it to the welding shop for some new brackets and a good clean up and paint. I bought this rack from a man who had it made in Africa for his LRD2 a few years ago when he was on a hunting safari there as a Diplomat for the USA. The rack was built to carry 1000 #'s.

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
It's my 4th colonoscopy so I'm not a virgin. LOL

It's just the way GM designed them. I think there is more space with the OEM springs or they just have a flatter tool that can fit in the gap. You can see a bolt end where the pesky nut is if you look at the right side of the UCA inside the spring mount.
Dang that's gonna be a PIA to get to :(

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Finally got around to setting up my Boulder Tools Deflator kit. Easier than I thought. Let's hope it works when I actually need it lol.

Thanks for this. I have searched but guess I wasn't calling it by the proper name. Tomorrow I will order this, I have the way I have had to do it in the past. Now for a decent compressor that will pump faster than the dinky thing I have now.

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Thanks for this. I have searched but guess I wasn't calling it by the proper name. Tomorrow I will order this, I have the way I have had to do it in the past. Now for a decent compressor that will pump faster than the dinky thing I have now.
Very welcome. Yes a decent compressor will get you back on the road quicker I have the Viair 400p which seems to do the job.

There are a bunch of YouTube videos on these air deflator things.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Very welcome. Yes a decent compressor will get you back on the road quicker I have the Viair 400p which seems to do the job.

There are a bunch of YouTube videos on these air deflator things.
So glad you found this deflator. I was looking at the compressors and though the 88p with accessories was probably good enough but now I will check out your 400p too. Again, Thank you. Lanlubber

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
are these the ones that deflate to preset pressures?

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
It's my 4th colonoscopy so I'm not a virgin. LOL

It's just the way GM designed them. I think there is more space with the OEM springs or they just have a flatter tool that can fit in the gap. You can see a bolt end where the pesky nut is if you look at the right side of the UCA inside the spring mount.
nice shocks! I’m sure you know/already do... but make sure you keep up on the maintenance/cleaning. My set was already starting to rust when I bought the truck and it cost me A LOT to get them rebuilt and cerakoted when it came time to service them

Any pics of the upgraded UCAs installed?