• HTML tutorial

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I'm in the middle of installing my body lift on the Truck and I decided to upgrade the Radiator while it was out.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Much better. I just made my lights working again. As they just had some loose contacts.
My car has its formal check and needed new bearings and a brake cylinder right rear. Now I am allowed on the street again with it for another year.

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Trying to replace a defective aftermarket Sony single din cd player that came with my 96 FZJ80. I cant seem to get the replacement Pioneer to power up in the vehicle. using my power supply in the house, it powers up fine. I need to find a good ground location behind the dash. any recommendations?

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

So... take a look at this and guess what it is. Maybe the inside of a robot? Maybe a telephone junction box? Maybe some type of airplane internals? ....

Nope... its looking under the driver seat on my Land Rover LR4 from the front.... (with a plastic cover removed) #jaw_on_floor

and look at this pic.....

That's right.... severed little wimpy wires for no good reason... maybe the seat rails cut it? Something sharp? (Which i know is possible given that I sliced my finger wide open just feeling around)

The causality is the rear driver side 8" entertainment screen in the headrest wont power on... haha. So all that complexity is my own fault, but why did LR do such a nice job with so many of this things systems and then decide to half ass it on the wiring under the seat? All the important stuff is well protected and very well thought out. Ah well.

It is almost comical how many wire looms are under the seat on this. 8-way power seat, heated seat, rear entertainment... I guess that adds up?

So.. I'll be doing some wiring today. :D

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Mounted my shovel to my roof rack basket. Used quick fists, it's good and secure. I'm not thrilled with how it looks up there though. Between that and the spare tire being on the roof rack I think it makes it seem like I'm trying too hard to look like I go off-road or something. I'm working on a swing out tire carrier design that I will hopefully fab up in the next few months. I just need to teach myself how to weld. I think I'm going to add a mount for the shovel and a hi-lift to the swing out just to clean up the roof a bit.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Got in on a wickedly well priced group buy for a Lokka ADL. It should be coming in about the same time as the new Radflo Coilovers I ordered. Pics to come.......

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

Finally received and installed my Trek Armor / Bartact seat covers for the JK. I love the molle webbing all over the sides and back. I've had Wet Okole's before but the neoprene was always so warm - too warm. I like these much better just from a material standpoint but more so from all the versatility. Expensive, yes, but so far, worth it IMO.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Dual battery project is pretty much done. Still need to get a better battery tie down for the aux battery, the OEM one is not a great fit.

The LR4 starts SOOO much easier now. I think the stock battery is crap. The new starter battery is a larger size and a good AGM. The aux battery is an Odyssey AGM, and is high quality. Together, I should be able to run a lot of gear and fridge for days and never have to worry about the starter battery due to the isolators.

The factory water proofing/covers still fit, but this is just a picture with those removed. The battery boxes are sealed up pretty good from water.
I need to do this Soooooo bad!

Reactions: Mike W

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Installed an electric trailer brake controller in preparation for the big thanksgiving family camping trip coming up. I'm used to GM trucks that are plug and play for brake controllers. I had forgotten the pure joy of soldering wires laying on your back under the dash.

Reactions: Michael

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

I installed bumper lights. (actually Monday but just getting on here). Rigid Q2 combo. Not too big to block airflow, nice and bright, unique- VERY unique I get all sorts of looks now and no it is not just the snorkel. That with the E2 40" up top makes for a stupid amount of light on the X.

And a little video for those wanting to see the beam shots. I could not find squat dink on them but I made my mind up and bought them, glad I did. I'm a fan.

Reactions: Brutus and Michael