• HTML tutorial

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

This week I out new Moog progressive coils on the front end, new rotors, new brakes, new wheel bearings, new shocks...new ball joints will go on this weekend.

I was making good progress until my welder ran out of wire. So I decided to cut some of the 2" tubing that is the foundation for the front bumper...then my last cut off wheel exploded. I was using the cutoff wheel because I need a new composite blade for my chop saw. Decided the wheels had fallen off my afternoon and decided to pour a whiskey, with a planned run to the welding supply in the morning.

Reactions: SLO Rob and Michael

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Finished up the other rear suspension work and did some articulation checks.

Brown Santa brought my coilovers today.

I need to fine tune the parking brake cable routing and locker wire routing, install a remote axle breather, and then build the exhaust system.
Did you forget to make your google photos public? It's just a do not enter symbol for me

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Articulation check......

I got my rear suspension work finished. I need to fine tune the parking brake cable routing, e-locker wire routing, and install a remote breather.

And then these showed up.........

And then this showed up! (I haven't installed it yet though)

Reactions: jdunk

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Garden, what lift do you have. Yours looks like a monster compared to mine. Just curious what you have done

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
@utspoolup

In front -
Fabtech 6" lift for a Frontier / Radflo CO's for that lift with 650# Eibachs / Russel braided brake lines

In back -
Spring Over Axle Conversion - Poly Performance spring perchs & shock mounts
Extra crossmember welded in with PP shock mounts
Deaver Add A Leaf (more like Replace A Leaf)
PRG lift shackles
Tom Woods 1310 Double Cardan Driveshaft
11" Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoirs (you know how bouncy the back of these things get)
Russel Braided Brake Lines

Out of the three evolutions of lift this thing has been through (stock, partial lift, present) this one has the best ride.

Reactions: Brutus

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Articulation check......

I got my rear suspension work finished. I need to fine tune the parking brake cable routing, e-locker wire routing, and install a remote breather.

And then these showed up.........

And then this showed up! (I haven't installed it yet though)

Man that's awesome. Is that icon suspension? That diff lock is going to open up a whole new world!

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Man that's awesome. Is that icon suspension? That diff lock is going to open up a whole new world!
The shocks are 11" Fox 2.0 Reservoir. Gen II Xterra's are spring under from the factory, though their counterpart, the Frontier, is spring over. I cut off the factory spring perchs and shock mounts and welded on Poly Performance shock mounts and spring perchs in the spring over position, with an extra six degrees of rotation for pinion angle. I already had Deaver Add A Leafs and PRG lift brackets.

Reactions: Michael

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Oh and i also got the wiring in place for my CB, still need to decide on what CB to buy, but at least the wiring is all in place for when i do get one.