HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I've had 7" light bars mounted on my roofrack for a while now. 1 on each side and 1 over the rear door. Today they finally got wired up.

Used the ol' through the roofrack bolt hole trick and a liberal application of silicone.

The wires from the front meet the wires from outside under a conveniently placed random plastic piece.

Room for 1 more wire if i go down a gauge. Maybe future front bar? Ran a second wire all the way back just in case.
Doesn't that reduce the integrity of the rackk? Just thinking out loud here.[emoji848]

Reactions: Magic Mike

Rexplorer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Lake Country, BC, Canada
Member #

Doesn't that reduce the integrity of the rackk? Just thinking out loud here.[emoji848]
Maybe a bit, but its 1 out of 12 bolts and i barely ever put anything up there. I can and will move it to a roof gromet if it ever causes an issue. Seems many others have rocked this without a prkblem. Some even with rtts.

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Added a few things
1. 8ton bottle jack
2. 3ton cable pull winch
3. Small traction aid
4. Replaced a damaged winter tyre due to a smack on the wall
5. Bought and attached a spade to the back of the rear seats
6. Attached a cargo net to the inside roof of the lr4
7. Bought an orange plastic ammo tin and filled with dry starter fire wood

EE3D57CB-E18C-4651-8861-20259D1C61EF-11211-00000A88C44B346C.jpgIMG_2833.JPGIMG_2840.JPGIMG_2837.JPGIMG_2841.JPG

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Added a few things
1. 8ton bottle jack
2. 3ton cable pull winch
3. Small traction aid
4. Replaced a damaged winter tyre due to a smack on the wall
5. Bought and attached a spade to the back of the rear seats
6. Attached a cargo net to the inside roof of the lr4
7. Bought an orange plastic ammo tin and filled with dry starter fire wood
Now attached the Axe to the shovel
IMG_2842.JPGIMG_2844.JPG

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

Please for your safety remove the Axe to a lower position,and secure it with solid brackets ,in a collison thing fly.
yes I have been looking at solid brackets but I have not been able to find any in the local shops. and the ones I find online are crazy prices to be shipped from the states. Once I can afford it the AXE, Spade, Bottle Jack, crowbar etc are going to be mounted in a rifle case. The rifle case will then be attached. THe axe and spade are securely fastened with 4 strong bungees in 3 locations. if i hit some thing then the rest of the stuff in the back will hot me bore the axe.
Thanks for the safety concern. I'm looking at boating clamps at the moment.