Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
No pictures, sorry, but worked on cleaning the dust and dirt out of the back of my Jeep Rubicon. The back tailgate seal has been letting dust in as I go up and down my gravel road to my home. Cleaned the seal, will try that for now. If that does not work, then make sure the door is adjusted just right, and spray some silicone wax on the door seal. Benz.
Good luck on getting the dust out, I’m still trying clean my 4Runner, and our Death Valley trip was 3 weeks ago!

Reactions: 9Mike2

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Found out that it might need a new clutch soon, will find out how much that will cost tomorrow.

JJsanchez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Juan
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6BAY
What started as a simple factory roof rack removal on my 80, it escalated quickly and of course "while you are in there"
So removed factory rack and ribs
Decided it was good time to drop the headliner and sunroof
Then entire interior was removed so that it would be easier to wire up a few things and also insulate the trans tunnel.
Drilled a hole on the roof rack to install a code3 wire harness so that it would be easier to add LED lighting to the ARB roof rack
Once roof was drilled I sanded the entire top and covered the old roof rack mounting holes with stainless steel screws and sprayed with 4 coats of raptor liner.
Then I cruised over to @wits-end and purchased a few goodies from him. The biggest being the rear quarter panel insert. This made it easy to mount a few other goodies back there.
Installed my ham radio, sPOD, arb twin compressor and fuse panel.
Was able to track down a new carpet for the rig as well.
Everything is put back together and powered up, just need to decide on what type of LED lights to go with. The sPOD screen is held secured using the wits-end rear view mirror bracket. Ham radio is also secured using another mount system from wits-end that mount in the useless cubby above the radio

IMG_0387.JPG IMG_0466.JPG IMG_0467.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0468.JPG IMG_1069.JPG IMG_1054.JPG IMG_0395.JPG IMG_1097.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_1103.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0886.JPG IMG_1074.JPG IMG_1105.JPG IMG_1104.JPG

Last edited:

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

What started as a simple factory roof rack removal on my 80, it escalated quickly and of course "while you are in there"
Then entire interior was removed so that it would be easier to wire up a few things and also insulate the trans tunnel.
Drilled a hole on the roof rack to install a code3 wire harness so that it would be easier to add LED lighting to the ARB roof rack
Once roof was drilled I sanded the entire top and covered the old roof rack mounting holes with stainless steel screws and sprayed with 4 coats of raptor liner.
Then I cruised over to @wits-end and purchased a few goodies from him. The biggest being the rear quarter panel insert. This made it easy to mount a few other goodies back there.
Everything is put back together and powered up, just need to decide on what type of LED lights to go with. The sPOD screen is held secured using the wits-end rear view mirror bracket. Ham radio is also secured using another mount system from wits-end that mount in the useless cubby above the radio

View attachment 77301 View attachment 77302 View attachment 77303 View attachment 77304 View attachment 77306 View attachment 77307 View attachment 77308 View attachment 77309 View attachment 77310 View attachment 77311 View attachment 77313 View attachment 77314 View attachment 77316 View attachment 77317 View attachment 77318 View attachment 77319 View attachment 77320 View attachment 77315
Nice work!!!!

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville

View attachment 77301 View attachment 77302 View attachment 77303 View attachment 77304 View attachment 77306 View attachment 77307 View attachment 77308 View attachment 77309 View attachment 77310 View attachment 77311 View attachment 77313 View attachment 77314 View attachment 77316 View attachment 77317 View attachment 77318 View attachment 77319 View attachment 77320 View attachment 77315
Huge props to you sir. That was a lot of work for some great functionality. You’ll love that compressor btw.

Reactions: JJsanchez