Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
If you live in the south, you know why I'm so happy to have these delivered on a Saturday [emoji3][emoji106][emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Tim N Michele Davis

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Hartselle Al
Member #

That rear platform is awesome! I really need something like this in my cruiser. Did you build it and do you have a write up on it?
I did build it but didn't do a write up. Here is a picture without the Rhinoliner and the lids up. 2-3 sheets of 3/4 plywood, 2 pair of expensive drawer slides, paddle handles, a few hidden hinges and you are done.IMG_2405 with arrows.jpg

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Im curious. What did your ac o-ring kit run ya? Oem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
To best of my knowledge, OEM have to be purchased individually. I bought these as a kit for metric applications. I go with OEM on all the hard parts, Denso for the most part. The kit was 12.00. Denso stuff runs about 20% more per item than whatever else is out there. I'll tell you though, the difference in build quality on that Denso expansion valve vs the off brand I held is night and day. The Denso piece is like a work of art.

Sent from my iPad using Overland Bound Talk

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

To best of my knowledge, OEM have to be purchased individually. I bought these as a kit for metric applications. I go with OEM on all the hard parts, Denso for the most part. The kit was 12.00. Denso stuff runs about 20% more per item than whatever else is out there. I'll tell you though, the difference in build quality on that Denso expansion valve vs the off brand I held is night and day. The Denso piece is like a work of art.

Sent from my iPad using Overland Bound Talk
Thanks. I have to get my A/C serviced, and am just looking ahead to my expenses...

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thanks. I have to get my A/C serviced, and am just looking ahead to my expenses...
Thats exactly what I do. Im no AC expert, but I have a cool local mechanic who does the specialty work for me. When it comes to parts changing, Im more than qualified to spin a wrench. I changed my AC expansion valve, drier, all the O-rings and Valve cores (I actually had one leaking), and I removed and cleaned the cooling unit under the passenger side dash. You have to remove that to change the expansion valve, and if you own an 80, and have never been inside that bad boy, you might be in for a shock. It fills with more debris and crap than you can possibly imagine.

Reactions: NorthStar96

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
Replaced this rusty crap

With this stuff

I will get a pic of it installed since I forgot, but the difference is amazing. As the exhaust was rotting I did not realize how loud it had become with basically a straight pip setup over the past year or so. With the simple Magnaflow and turndown it sounds nice and clean with much less inside noise. Almost silent to my ears. We cut the old mounting bolts and pulled the rust out. Used a new flange gasket and bolted up new stuff, but to fit right with the dump we shorted it a couple inches and welded it right to the muffler exit. The mount on the magnaflow was for an ext, so I had to chop the part that slid in the rubber hanger off and weld it right to where the dump was attached. Fit right is and is nice and solid. It now dumps a few inches before the rear axle.

HangryMachinist

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hollister
Member #

Looks like my heads have been off before and not repair correctly. Im having them reworked by a local shop. Only more money and time. :( It was running fine with it as is so I guess its not that bad. Just looks ugly. The head gasket breach was on the other head, not this one.

20160424_163818.jpg

20160424_163805.jpg

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Today.. getting some front runner jerry can mounts mounted to my roof rack which has polymax chicken coop flooring on it.

I used some hose clamps to wrap parts of the flooring. Seems very strong.