Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Took advantage of snow finally (almost) disappearing to start cleaning things up, hooking up the solar to see how they trailer batteries are doing (just got the trailer back here from a buddy's place now that my two military trailers sold), and got my bike out of the van and went for a chilly ride.

Hard to tell, but that gritty gray mess to the left of the trailer and bike is gravel and sand covered snow and ice that has yet to melt. Some of the large plow piles in parking lots will still be here, weeping slowly across the lot, well into May, especially inland a few miles.

spring18_5733-900.jpeg

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Today I finished up the switch panel. The fuse box is under the center console. The power wire to the battery I ran through the grommet by the brake booster. All the wires are run through the transmission tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FULLRUNNEROVERLANDING

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

NJ
Member #

IMG_1213.JPGIMG_1212.JPG

Got a new face with the TSO garnish, added a third grill marker light, and a TRD PRO front valance. Oh and can’t forget the stealth flag license plate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tritonl

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Mikula
Member #

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Not today but this weekend! Setup and went camping in the low country of South Carolina

Here's my setup I took with me.

I had no idea the state parks were 40 and 70 a night to tent camp. That's crazy and people pay it!! We didn't and I'm glad, it made for an awesome weekend and great video too!! Here are some pics. 20180406_183914.jpg20180408_094533.jpg20180407_123521.jpgIMG_20180407_084356_531.jpgIMG_20180407_084744_614.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: California Overland

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Not today but this weekend! Setup and went camping in the low country of South Carolina

Here's my setup I took with me.
An idea for doing 12V power from the bygone (hippy era) sailboat cruisers. They (we) used 1/4" mono headphone jacks as 12V plugs. They are still readily available, easy to wire up and handle the current really well. The trick for reliability was to buy professional quality parts (Switchcraft).

I still have my boat wired up with 1/4" headphone jack outlets. When I get a piece of 12V gear I just chop off the silly cigarette lighter plugin and wire on a headphone jack. Power at tip, ground to the the body.

-jim lee

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

An idea for doing 12V power from the bygone (hippy era) sailboat cruisers. They (we) used 1/4" mono headphone jacks as 12V plugs. They are still readily available, easy to wire up and handle the current really well. The trick for reliability was to buy professional quality parts (Switchcraft).

I still have my boat wired up with 1/4" headphone jack outlets. When I get a piece of 12V gear I just chop off the silly cigarette lighter plugin and wire on a headphone jack. Power at tip, ground to the the body.

-jim lee
Wow that's awesome trick thanks. I cut it off and went with a Anderson pole style

Sent from my SM-G892A using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited: