What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

I was inspired by @Michael to do my hood blackout on my FJ.
https://www.overlandbound.com/anti-glare-hood-blackout/

Wanted to get it done while it wasn't raining and it was already tore apart from having my front bumper worked on. Note to self and to others...don't do it on the windiest day in the history of the world...I think now my patrol vehicle is also rhino-lined. lol
IMG_5857.JPG IMG_5855.JPG IMG_5859.JPG

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
It’s snow raining and nasty so I didn’t take any cool guy pics. Coilovers and rear shocks installed. I need to get a front end alignment now. Mounted the compressor, manifold, and lines for the onboard air for the bags as well as the daystar bag cups which where a pain but I can tell they will be worth it. This weekend I’ll run the power to the compressor and do an oil change. Initial feeling is that these puppies are far more rigid but not in a bad way. Much more responsive, the damping is light years better than stock. I’ll be interested to see how these settle.

DF: 39”. Increase of 2.25”
PF: 39”. Increase of 2.5”
DR: 39.5” 40.5” with 25lbs of air
PR: 39.5” 40.5” with 25lbs of air

The increase in the rear is likely due to the thickness of the daystar cups.

8AC5DB91-ABDD-4C19-BAC8-35D8EDFDD777.jpeg A11D7BE9-4A1C-4855-8CAC-5FE52296782A.jpeg

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
33BF90D7-5F15-4A82-9AC4-713F313B736A.jpeg 628D5EBB-F72A-4BA7-A8A1-31FD20C22313.jpeg Found out my truck is missing a sway bar link. Looks like it’s been gone for a bit. Took a few shots on my way to work yesterday. Ordered a few hindred bucks worth of maintenance parts. Hard to upgrade when I keep having to pour cash into boring stuff like O2 and MAF sensors on my daily.

genera_lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno/Tahoe Area
First Name
Trip
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GPV
ooph that hurts to look at. but its for a good cause haha.

I ordered a bunch of stuff for my little pickup over the last few weeks. some cosmetic, some mechanical. today i ordered a big water jug and a fuel jug for trips out away from stuff and things. will soon be doing fluids, shocks, and belts to "slowly but Shirlee" the pickup as well as getting her trail ready for some adventures.

Reactions: IanC83

Texarado

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Woodland Park, CO, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Kahlich
Member #

Well got to a few things this past weekend. Installed the JKS quicker disconnects. Much more quiet than the worn out rough country ones from last year. Then I cleaned up some wiring with wire loom and zip ties. I adjusted my headlights so they are a little lower, then pulled the grille to remove the chrome rings and to replace the old grille with mesh. I can’t decide if I should paint the rings black or leave them chrome or just leave them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. I had the Rubicon Express put on mine last month. I am curious how they will do. I hope I do not regret not going with JKS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

ooph that hurts to look at. but its for a good cause haha.

I ordered a bunch of stuff for my little pickup over the last few weeks. some cosmetic, some mechanical. today i ordered a big water jug and a fuel jug for trips out away from stuff and things. will soon be doing fluids, shocks, and belts to "slowly but Shirlee" the pickup as well as getting her trail ready for some adventures.
Have to start somewhere. Keep up the hard work.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

Completed my drawer system!! Well, minus the stain. Going to use a transparent black stain for finish. Couldn't stand losing the little bit of bass there is in the system, so I spaced it away from the subwoofer quite a bit. On the opposite side, I had to space it a bit as well, to allow air for plenty of air movement, as there's a fridge vent on that side. So in the long run, the drawers are a little smaller than I hoped, but overall VERY happy with the outcome. 20180309_150900.jpg20180309_150910.jpg20180309_151329.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app