ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Worked on mounting my Tablet to my Magic Mount and then affixed a neonadium magnet to dash to hold my phone while the tablet uses the Magic Mount. Also relubed Freedom Top seals and took them off for afternoon.

Dale the Dog made sure everything went smooth and wasn't ruff. 20180205_182703.jpg20180205_182710.jpg20180205_142258.jpgIMG_20180205_161317_359.jpg

ArmyofMike OB#7890

Overland A Far

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
Member #

Well today was a bit cool - at -26 C so I planned a bit of work in the shop. Washed the Tacoma to get all the snow and salt off then let it warm up in the shop. I find the Tacoma road noise a bit loud so after doing some googling I purchased some sound proofing material off Amazon and decided to put that in today. After removing the back seats, floor and back storage compartments I found NO sound dampening material at all. REAL DISAPPOINTING TOYOTA! Took a few hours to get all the cuts and tacking done but it looks better and had a few tight fits on the re-install but it is back together. I then put rubber stripping on the tailgate and rear part of box to make it more dust proof. Tomorrow is install the H2O pump and finish the plumping then test it all. I feel a road trip coming up and maybe a bit of winter camping.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Looks good man and great install. I threw mine in back on the Garvin rack, out of the way but I had to extend the harness and to keep it safe with the high current and extra length added a bit to the wire diameter. This summer I need to figure out where you will be camping and just show up and say hello.

[youtube]

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
What's the song that talks about the first cut being the deepest? Brian Adams? Anyway, I know it's the first of many, but damn it's hard. Especially when it happened in my driveway!!! Trying to park two full sized vehicles in a driveway built for two regular sized vehicles isn't the easiest thing I've done, but I still feel like I soooo could have avoided this. Pulling the van out of the driveway & trying to navigate between the truck parked next to it on the right & the light post on the front porch on the left, I scraped the left rear bumper on the brick porch column. Sounded like fingernails on a chalkboard..... Spent the day sanding, primering & painting the damage.
IMG_2113.JPG

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Looks good man and great install. I threw mine in back on the Garvin rack, out of the way but I had to extend the harness and to keep it safe with the high current and extra length added a bit to the wire diameter. This summer I need to figure out where you will be camping and just show up and say hello.

[youtube]
That'd be awesome to meet sometime, I'll try to keep you posted.

OB# 3805

Reactions: utspoolup

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
We dropped "Prius Eater" off at Agile Offroad in Santee, CA today. Having the ARB CKMTA12 compressor & a 2 1/2 gallon air tank installed, hooking up the front and rear ARB lockers, having quick disconnect air lines run to the front & rear bumpers, having an S-Pod type switch panel installed, and hooking up lights in the front & rear bumpers. Also having a couple of mechanical issues looked at. Then, broke again for a while until we can save up for the next wave of work to be done.

Reactions: Sonarman

PintSize

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corpus Christi, Texas
Member #

I run pizza cutters (255/85R16) on my taco :) Went today for my first rotation with them and bought a 5th tire for a full size spare. Had to bend some tire supports under the bed with a hammer, but it fits.
82EB7B78-FEB3-45C1-9021-BBD07CFB3A80.jpeg D3D99EEB-0A14-40C3-AAB3-D719B3FA74BF.jpeg 4860FE6F-4C0C-468A-8B24-FA023E1C9306.jpeg

Reactions: Arailt

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Popped the hood because of a weird air noise and found a vacuum hose had cracked and was letting a lot of air escape. Grabbed some hose and it’s all good now. Last night I put the LED lights in the interior. I need to order the rear door ones and some for my fiancé’s car. They are awesome. Extremely bright.

Also ordered parts for a rear tire carrier build in the next couple weeks. Debating on front control arms for this upcoming wheeling season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Well I have a build thread "70 K20 Suburban", I mention it because it won't mean anything to the casual reader that I drove my rig about 10 miles in the last 2 days... IT'S ALIVE!!! OMG I'm back! Still have some bugs to work out but all and all its running good for having sat for so long.

Its gorgeous under the cab, cleaned up and painted with all the fun bells and whistles.

The cab still needs body and paint work but I kinda like a bush whacker finish...

Jonah "Rustyburbin" #4084.
5 kids, a wife, dog and a
1970 K20 Suburban

Man does this bring back a slew of memories! I had a ‘69 Chevy Carryall I drove all over the eastern states and Maritime Canada and lived out of it for awhile in northern Ohio while working a courier job. Wasn’t four wheel drive, but I took that thing everywhere and had to swap engines with one from an Indian res while exploring Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Love the look of yours!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk