What Did You Do With Your Rig Today?

• HTML tutorial

tsteb112

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Greenville
Finished up the home built rear door table. Beats spending $149 on a front runner table and it is a Lexus after all so why not more woodgrain? View attachment 48316View attachment 48317

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Nice work. That’s pretty cool. Looking into this for my tire carrier. Did you use a piano hinge as a pivot point for the table or something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tkt0912 and Hafaday

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
20180218_223605.jpg 161398.jpeg Like Mike Wesner a few posts back, I installed my hot water system in my trailer. I have a propane tank and water system already installed inside the trailer. This thing works surprisingly well. It was on amazon for $129 and is the Camplux 6l model. I also (finally) installed new 6 lug hubs courtesy of etrailer and painted some old tacoma wheels to go on it instead of the little trailer wheels I was running. The tires are old ones and I'll be replacing them this week. I also ran cables to the back of my Tacoma from the battery isolater to the back so I can charge the trailer battery while driving. It was a busy weekend but I'm getting ready for a two week trip to Colorado, New Mexico, and Big Bend beginning March 15th.

Last edited:

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

Oh yeah, and I did this........
While drilling new clean threads for the cargo deck mount, the drill bit snapped (more like exploded) while drilling my third hole, sending a sharp piece of the bit, right into the rear corner glass!!! $600 replacement by Safelite!!! Found the glass on Amazon and EBay haven't the slightest idea of how to install it. Any ideas to save me some cash? IMG_20180218_104610_062.jpgIMG_20180218_104610_063.jpgIMG_20180218_104610_070.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Oh yeah, and I did this........
While drilling new clean threads for the cargo deck mount, the drill bit snapped (more like exploded) while drilling my third hole, sending a sharp piece of the bit, right into the rear corner glass!!! $600 replacement by Safelite!!! Found the glass on Amazon and EBay haven't the slightest idea of how to install it. Any ideas to save me some cash? View attachment 48374View attachment 48375View attachment 48376

No good. You'll need a wire saw to cut through all the glue. Looks like a piece of wire with handles on it. If you go to a local windshield place they can give you some tips on how to cut it out.

OB# 3805

Reactions: tkt0912

tkt0912

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Space Coast, Florida
Member #

No good. You'll need a wire saw to cut through all the glue. Looks like a piece of wire with handles on it. If you go to a local windshield place they can give you some tips on how to cut it out.

OB# 3805
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, our first trip out with the FJ and the new trailer build, is this Friday.....I don't think I'll have time.... and I'm too chicken to try it on my own. Safelite is scheduled to do it on Thursday as of right now. Just wish i could save a little cash, but don't want to mess it up, especially in a time crunch.

Knitron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Clearfield, UT
First Name
Jason
Last Name
T
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EBG
Trust me, it with be worth the cash. Window replacement sucks.

OB# 3805

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I added some traction tape to my sliders on the Xterra. When I was installing my roof basket last weekend, I kept slipping on them and I figured it was probably time before I hurt myself putting gear up there.